Many Hm And A Few Hmpk For Adoption

constantine03

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm a member on another betta forum, and this was posted in the classifieds portion. I wrote the seller, and he informed me that the breeder is ONLY keeping the fish until this next Sunday. After that they will be euthanized. I asked if he would mind my posting it on this forum, and he said to go ahead, but I'm to let you all know that if you are interested, you MUST have all your information to him before Sunday at 4pm (California time). There are 200 HM males left. No females. Some HMPK. I was also told that all have some form of fin damage. I'm going to take the risk and do it. Payments go through Paypal, so if you decide to do this, be sure to use a major credit card in the case that this doesn't work out, you can get your money back with a dispute (this is easier to do with a CC vs. bank draft). I understand this is a risk, but I'm willing to take it to save a couple guys. Use your own judgment, please.

So, having said all that, here's the information from the other forum (posted by an established member):

Hello to all,
I have a friend who needs to place about 200 bettas, most of them are HM and a few are HMPK, he needs to re-home them as soon as possible, if they can not be re-homed they will unfortunately be disposed of in a humane way, this is kind of a "grab-bag" for bettas, you can ask for up to 4 fish at a time/per shipping charge, most of these bettas have fin damage, I will add pictures of some of them in a couple of days to give you an idea, because of the number that need to be re-homed, I will ask that you not be picky on colors, as I said , they have fin damage but are very healthy otherwise and they are all just looking for loving caring homes, if you have the room please contact my friend at his e-mail below>

please use this e-mail address for more information- [email protected]

His paypal address is [email protected], and shipping is $35 (express) including an insulated box and heat pack.

He will need your full shipping info plus your phone #, as well as any color requests you have (he said he'd do his best, but no guarantees).

Here are the pictures from the other forum of some of the available fish:
DSC02903.jpg

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02892.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

I love the last 2, they are great, wish i lived in US lol

WHY DO I HAVE TO BE BROKE RIGHT NOW!!!! I would definitely take 4 guys, but I just can't afford the shipping fee right now. I don't get paid for another 2 weeks. :shout: :shout: :shout:

Oh no, Monty! $35? Spot it on a CC (normally, I would not recommend racking up the CC debt, but these guys are going to die!)

BTW- I asked the OP of the thread on the other forum if she personally knew Sebastien to vouch for him (aka- this isn't a scam, right?), and this is the response I received:

"I know Sebastien, the fish are one of his co-workers fish, I myself have adopted from Sebastien before as well as many others on this board, the only fish I have seen to be adopted are the pictures of the ones in the post, Seb asked if I could post this for him on here as he is not a member nor is his co-worker, I know him off a different group, I would defiantly ask any and all questions you have to Seb, before you adopt, this is kind of a "grab-bag" of bettas, the only guarantee Seb said he could give is that they are healthy fish! and fin damage can always grow back, I myself have adopted 2 times from him and have not been disappointed! I don't blame you one bit about being nervous about the risk involved with adopting fish! I was the same way with my first adoption from him also, he is a really good guy though and will not say things just to get someone to adopt!"

This just goes to prove why bettas should not be bred all willynilly.
I have no money, and don't own any CCs. I'll ask fiance if he wants to get a couple, but I doubt I'll be able to get any.

Someone over there needs to see if a local petstore can take the bettas. It would be such a shame if they had to kill perfectly healthy bettas. Poor things :(

I like how those ones look! but I am also broke, sorry!!! ID like to save soem of them lil guys but cant afford it =(

if they want rid straight away they could at least give them away too theyre own cost!
what the heck would anyone want tooget rid of these guys for??
has he not heard of aqaubid? he could do several job lots!!
:angry:
id take em all lol...
.. but i got no room yet ;)

Darn I don't have a credit card but would get 4 instantly if he took check or money order. :shout:

WAH!!! Why!!! Every time a nice offer for cool fish comes around, it has to be on Paypal or a credit card! I'm only 16, damnit. Can you ask where he lives? I might be able to pick one up myself if he lives in the southern New England area!

I would but my PayPal account is hooked up do my debit card, not a regular CC. So if PayPal makes the withdrawl and I don't have the money to cover it, I'll get nailed with a $40 overdraft fee. :shout: :shout: :shout:

I am going to call azul at work...I KNOW she will want some...constintine you are pretty sure its not a scam?

Darn I don't have a credit card but would get 4 instantly if he took check or money order. :shout:

You can pay through paypal, which allows you to send a bank draft. No CC needed. :)

I am going to call azul at work...I KNOW she will want some...constintine you are pretty sure its not a scam?

Now, no one can ever say for sure it's not a scam. I questioned it first too, but then I wrote the OP of the thread on the other forum, and as you can see from what I've posted, she's dealt with him before in person...so I'm going with legit. Though I cannot say for certain. If you're very afraid of it being a scam, pay through paypal with a major CC. If it happens to turn out wrong, file a paypal claim. If paypal denies you, or makes mention of denying it- let them know that you are going to file a charge back on your CC. It'll go your way quickly as paypal doesn't want to be out the money to your CC company. I've had to do it before...and I'm afraid I'm going to have to do it again with my last AB purchase. :(

I would but my PayPal account is hooked up do my debit card, not a regular CC. So if PayPal makes the withdrawl and I don't have the money to cover it, I'll get nailed with a $40 overdraft fee. :shout: :shout: :shout:

Problem solved easily! :)

Just add a CC to your paypal account. Then when you go to pay, click "use other option" or something to that effect, and select the CC you'd like to use (I'm such an enabler!).

hey azul, I emailed him back and as soon as the paypal(my dear sweet husband must figure out for me) goes threw he will send the fishys out the next morning:)

Most reactions

Back