Making My 800 Gal.... Bigger

Dehumidifier only if your getting obscene mold / rot. which should not happen anyway. After watching you cover and silicone the ceilings, walls, and all "above tank" areas for splash protection, id say your safe now. As those are the areas most prone to rot / mold.

BUT, if you did run a dehumidifier, do what i do, run it but instead of using a bucket to catch the water and toss it all gross like after weeks of sitting.

I run a garden hose line from my humidifier to a treatment tank, RO's the water, and i use it for water changes on my tanks. You could simply just run your water back into the sump (if you keep your room clean and humidifier filters on the up and up.

But i really only see that being an issue in the dog days of summer where the temperature and humidity have risen to the same level in preparation to do battle in your home.

IE: Oh look honey its 98F outside and the humidity is at 88%!

Sure its going to rain soonish. But not before 4 days of THAT bulls**t!.

-Chairman Wood

When summer hits, that window in the room is getting replaced and a vent fan will be in it... That fan will be running non stop I'm sure... That will be better than what's been back there ever before.... And I only had a mold issue once which was easily nipped in the bid and never came back... Bleach water :) But I do have another issue, it seems now a certain few people are getting me concerned... Bottom line, will this branch from a maple tree kill my fish. All I can find are ways to prep wood for tanks but no reasons why... Aside from the tannins leaching in... And I could care less if the water is colored a bit... Here's a slightly better picture:

007-2.jpg

Yeaaaaahhhhh the fish are going in soon.

Make sure you video it espicially for me. :shifty:

i dont think it will, as if there was any toxins they probably will be diluted as theres somuch water

will this branch from a maple tree kill my fish. All I can find are ways to prep wood for tanks but no reasons why... Aside from the tannins leaching in... And I could care less if the water is colored a bit... Here's a slightly better picture:

It wont as long as the wood is dead, if it was still alive when you cut it down it will rot in the tank

Wow, Well I came and checked this thread everyday when I was banned, and when you said you was going to give up I was really disapointed :p. But now im unbanned and can post, I came back here and I see you have continued. I was very exited to say the least, Im just wondering what the stocking is going to be. If it was in the thread I think I missed it...

Thanks for the replies about the wood, I did strip all of the bark off of it as it was suggest many times by a few people I know and by a few people on line. It came off fairly easily It's maple Also a little update about the tank: It's drained, the cross bucks are painted with drylok and all the jets are in so we're ready to start decorating! Since my wife let me sleep in yesterday I'm letter her sleep in today while I post progress Here's a slide show of the progress of the progress! Just click on it

The stock list is something like this:

Severum Lemon 4 800 ? Heros efasciatus
Blue Acara 5 800 ? 'Aequidens' pulcher
Silver Dollar 5 800 ? Metynnis argenteus
Firemouth 5 800 M Thorichthys meeki
Uaru 5 800 ? Uaru amphiacanthoides
Nicaraguan Cichlid 5.25 800 F Hypsophrys nicaraguensis
Silver Dollar 6 800 ? Metynnis argenteus
Silver Dollar 6 800 ? Metynnis argenteus
Red Bay Snook 6 800 ? Petenia splendida
Jack Dempsey 6.5 800 M 'Cichlasoma' octofasciatum
Severum Green 6.75 800 ? Heros efasciatus
Pike 7 800 M Crenicichla sp. "Belly Crawler"
Severum Green 7 800 ? Heros efasciatus
Silver Dollar 7 800 ? Metynnis argenteus
Hybrid Midas??? 7 800 ? Not Sure
Tiger Tilapia 7 800 ? T. Marae
Nicaraguan Cichlid 7.125 800 M Hypsophrys nicaraguensis
Red Terror 7.25 800 M Amphilophus festae
Tilapia Mamfe 7.25 800 ? Tilapia Mamfe
Midas 7.5 800 ? Amphilophus citrinellus
Jaguar 7.5 800 F Parachromis managuensis
Jaguar 7.5 800 F Parachromis managuensis
Jaguar 7.5 800 M Parachromis managuensis
Midas 7.75 800 ? Amphilophus citrinellus
Midas 7.75 800 ? Amphilophus citrinellus
ConvictGrey 8 800 M Archocentrus nigrofasciatus
Synodontis 8 800 ? Synodontis Eupterus
Tiger Tilapia 8 800 ? T. Marae
Intermedious 8.25 800 ? Tramitichromis sp. "Intermedius"
Oscar Common 8.5 800 ? Astronotus ocellatus
Black belt 8.5 800 ? Vieja maculicauda
Midas Red 8.75 800 M Amphilophus citrinellus
Oscar Red tiger 8.75 800 ? Astronotus ocellatus
Black belt 9 800 ? Vieja maculicauda
Black belt 9 800 ? Vieja maculicauda
Black belt 9.5 800 ? Vieja maculicauda
Robertsoni 10 800 M Amphilophus robertsoni
Bocourti 10 800 ? 'Cichlasoma' bocourti
Pictus Cat 10 800 ? Pimelodus pictus
Irridescent Shark 10.5 800 ? Pangasius hypophthalmus
Synspilum 10.5 800 ? Theraps synspilum
Bocourti 11 800 ? 'Cichlasoma' bocourti
Oscar Common 11.75 800 ? Astronotus ocellatus
Oscar Albino 13 800 F Astronotus ocellatus
Oscar Orange Tiger 13 800 M Astronotus ocellatus
Loepard sailfin pleco 14.5 800 ? Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps
Mad Barb 15 800 ? Leptobarbus hoevenii
Irridescent Shark 15 800 ? Pangasius hypophthalmus
Common pleco 18 800 ? Hypostomus plecostomus

Lookin good Jon,

How do the underwater jets work? I take it they are gonna be covered by the substrate, if so, how stong are they gonna be? Will they move the substrate around?

Nice stock list!

DONT FORGET TO USE THE " PER GALLON RULE, YOU DONT WANT TO OVERSTOCK A TANK THAT SMALL!!! :good:

and he has no big bits of decoration like a good sized bit of wood or any thing XD

wow, what a truly mammoth project.
it's very interesting to read all about it and see the pictures
wishing you all the best with it :good:
regards
liz

Thanks very much for the one inch per gallon advice. I was actually thinking about getting a starter book for bigginer aquarists at the library... Problem is none of them list how to stock a 1500 gallon tank... Sheesh... Oh well, I guess i'll just have to write mt own :hyper:

It’s been a long time comin’ but the fish are in! The tank is full and holding just fine. The temperature last nite in the tank was only 71* As of this morning it was 77* We took a lot of pictures so here’s a slide show again for you. I was just too pooped to get to posting last nite…

Once the deep end was full with water from the pond I started to stock the tank and the first fish to venture into the rest of the tank was a female jaguar cichlid. Soon after it seemed everyone wanted to be up there. LOL The only fish I haven’t seen yet is the larger of the two iridescent sharks, but I expected that…
Here’s a list of what’s been put in so far:
Paco the pacu 22”
Female Jaguar 8”
Iridescent shark 15”
Iridescent shark 12”
Mad Barb 15”
Common pleco 17”
Leopard Sailfin Pleco 16”
Synodontis euptrus 7.5”
Tiger Oscar 10”
Common Oscar 12”
Tiger Oscar 9”
Silver Dollar 5”
Fire Mouth 5.5”
Bocourti 11”
Lemon Severum 4”
Green Severum 7.5”
Midas 9”
Black Belt 10”
Bocourti 10.5”
Jack Dempsey 6.5”
w/c Midas 10”
Convict 8”
Female Nicaraguan cichlid 5”
Uaru 5”
Male Nicaraguan Cichlid 6”
Male Robertsoni “Bob” 9.5”
Midas/???? Hybrid 8.5”
Belly Crawler pike cichlid 6”
Male Salvanii 6”
Black Belt 9”
Black belt 8.5”
Synodontis Notata 10”
Synpilum 11”
Male Jaguar cichlid 9”
Male Red Terror 8”
Black Belt 9.5”
Female Jaguar cichlid 7.5”
Silver Dollar 5.5”
Silver Dollar 5.5”
Midas 8.5”
Midas 8.5”
Intermedious 8.5”
Intermedious 8.5”
Midas 8.5”
Tilapia Mamfe 7.5”
Red Bay Snook 5”
Blue Acara 5”
Pim Cat 10” Silver Dollar 7”
Female Nicaraguan Cichlid 4”
Today I did water changes on all the other tanks and moved some more fish in:
Male Paratilapia polleni 8”
Female Paratilapia pollen 7”
Female Paratilapia pollen 6”
Tilapia Marae 4.5”
Tilapia buttikoferi 5”
Synodontis ocellifer 8”
Ctenopoma Kingsleyae 8.5”
Ctenopoma Kingsleyae 7.5”
Ctenopoma Kingsleyae 7”
Ctenopoma Kingsleyae 6”
Siamese bumble bee catfish 7.5”
Leopard Sailfin Catfish 16”

Actually, the larger shark is now up and won't stop pacing against the glass... He's damaged goods though. He was brought here from a 120 bow front with growths on his face from rubbing the glass being confined in something so small... After being in the pond for three months he's healed up perfectly but now I'm afraid he's going right back into his old habbit... I guess he's a perfect candidate for the pond in the summer... :rolleyes:

You must be so relieved.

I am so happy for you.

Now hurry up and deliver on the DvD! i was thinking you might want to throw all the pics you took on the dvd as well. someone people (or maybe just me) Enjoy still photos as much as the video, as it allows us to better steal ideas visually that we ourselves could not come up with :lol:

Again, FANTASTIC work. everything looks out of control amazing. cant wait to see it once everything is all cleaned up cleared out settled, dusted, primmed, proppered (lol not a word) and in its final resting stage.

-Chairman wood

Thnak man, the dvd gonna be like 15 hours long if I keep adding stuff LOL I might have to make two! LOL When the tank is crystal clear I'll get some good video of it and then set on to make the DVD... I'd also like to get the fish room finished and the basement painted first too LOL

Most reactions

Back