Magic Aquarium Ball?

DyArianna

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Found these on ThatFishPlace.com.  Hadn't heard any of you speak of these so was wondering if anyone has used them or if anyone has any helpful knowledge about them?  They are only 50 cents!  But... wasn't quite sure about them.  Any thoughts?

http://www.thatpetplace.com/magic-aquarium-ball

The ingredients look a bit odd to be putting in with your fish.

Looks a load of rubbish, you just have to look at the ingredients. The only useful thing I see is methylene blue and I certainly do not like the idea of adding plaster of Paris to a tank, especially knowing what it does to human lungs.

Well this is why I ask.  :)  Thanks guys.  It won't be in my shopping cart.  It doesn't even really go into specifics either about what PH level this helps with etc.  My PH is good... and I agree... Plaster of Paris sounds sketchy. 

Not to mention Meth Blue doesn't do filters much good, medication is best used as a 'bath' treatment or 'dip'!

Tbh its a waste of money, if your tank isn't clear, your best finding out what is causing it and solving the problem rather than chucking chemicals in to get rid of the end result without fixing the problem.

I actually don't have any current issues with my tank.  But you know how you find things and wonder if you should have some on hand in case you need it.  Had never heard of them before so glad I asked.  They have them discounted.... must be they are not selling. 

Most reactions

Back