Mad Albino Cory

Qays

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i have 2 bronze and 1 albino cories.

The bronze's are settling well but my albino is crazy!!

It swims from one end of the tank to the other constantly, swimming up and down etc etc...

why is he doing this? Is it because he's lonely? If so, why?

I thought bronze and albino cories are the same species, and should school together?

Or is it just a mad cory?

thanks!

Edit: I should add, i bought them today, and they are about an 1" in size (small!)

i have 2 bronze and 1 albino cories.

The bronze's are settling well but my albino is crazy!!

It swims from one end of the tank to the other constantly, swimming up and down etc etc...

why is he doing this? Is it because he's lonely? If so, why?

I thought bronze and albino cories are the same species, and should school together?

Or is it just a mad cory?

thanks!

Edit: I should add, i bought them today, and they are about an 1" in size (small!)

That sounds like normal young Cory behavior to me. They will slowly stop doing that as they get older.

my albinos do this occasionally i think i bout the bronze ones fully grown they soon settled in and stay on the bottom the yourger albinos explore and sometimes ventures around the mid regions

my albino is smaller than the bronzes and its really hyper!!

Its constantly in the mid-top levels, and then it comes back down for resting, and back up it goes!

Its great! I reccomend getting them when theyre smaller!

my albino is smaller than the bronzes and its really hyper!!

Its constantly in the mid-top levels, and then it comes back down for resting, and back up it goes!

Its great! I reccomend getting them when theyre smaller!

I agree, they are fun to watch. It seems my Albinos were always more hyper then the Bronze. Great fish, I gotta get me some more :good:

Yep, sounds normal. I had one when he was little would slide up beside the air stone...disk. It was a big flat disk airstone. He would slide over in the bubbles and let them push him up to the surface, when he hit top, he would torpedo straight down beside the disk, slide over in it, drift up, and repeat for hours at a stretch. He's too big now to be lifted, but I can usually see him sitting on the disks pad.

Most reactions

Back