Macrostoma

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
My boss ordered these in... I thought he was taking them, but it turns out they were meant for me! He was only going to make me pay half the price they cost him from the supplier in the first place, but then yesterday he decided to just let me have them!!! FOR FREE!!!!! The only condition is that I breed them ASAP and let him sell babies through the store... do I have the best boss ever, or what??? :wub:
Male
DSCN5469.jpg

DSCN5472.jpg

Female (baby marble sleeper goby in the background)
DSCN5467.jpg

RARR
DSCN5471.jpg

Yep, it's a trio!!!! :D
DSCN5475.jpg

WOW. now that's quite the deal. I was just thinking today that I hadn't seen you on the forum in a long time....now i come on and read this post! congrats

-Ian

They are lovely! :wub: I have never seen them before. You def have the best boss. Tell him we love him and perhaps he'll give us some too :good:

They are lovely! :wub: I have never seen them before. You def have the best boss. Tell him we love him and perhaps he'll give us some too :good:

I agree, we love your boss!

You lucky girl. Macrostomas! You know how much these suckers cost?

llj :)

I agree, we love your boss!

You lucky girl. Macrostomas! You know how much these suckers cost?

llj :)
:nod: My boss got them in for $210 for the trio, which is still a great deal considering you regularly see them for $200 a pair on Aquabid.

From what I hear, the breeding is easy, but the males don't want to release the fry. One of my coworkers showed me a really easy way to strip fry from a mouthbrooder, so assuming I can get them to breed that shouldn't be a problem. Just hold down the gillplates and they open their mouths :)

Oh wow!!! They are so pretty! Congrats and good luck with them!

Most reactions

Back