Lunar Lights Loving Live Rock

Nalaundi

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I remembered to get arganite sand from my work today so here are some fun pics after I put the sand in..... I did rinse it but not fully all equipt except heater will stay off for an hour or two till the most of the cloudiness disperses.

and to top it off my favorite.. looks awesome in the dark but camara couldnt do it without flash and that wouldn have been the same

Attachments

• incloud.jpg
    incloud.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 60
  • cloudbue.jpg
    cloudbue.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 55
  • depth.jpg
    depth.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 43
  • brownblue.jpg
    brownblue.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 50
just a bit :D

here is the newly cleared water pics...

though water specs are not as good as espected... guess partialy curred ment not so much lol

Ammonia; 2.0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate:0
pH 8.0
Alk 12
Phos. none (cause I put phos-x ) last night

sg. 1.023

there is about 18 gallons of water in the tank
I did a 5g waterchange just now
and will do a 10g change tomarrow..

I think Im going to need more salt :unsure:

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 47
Looks good :cool: might be worth trying some filter floss to take out the small particles that remain.

If the LR was out of water for some time then that would explain the high ammonia level. I wouldn't go mad with water changes and wait til the nitrate began to rise at this stage you want high ammonia then high nitrite it will allow the bacteria colonies to get quite large straight away.

Phos-x from day one is a very good move! I haven't heard of phos-x will be interesting to see if it's any good.

Great aquascape there, I'm a big fan. I wouldnt bother with water changes until after the cycle completes. Let the bacteria on the rock do their thing, they'll get that ammonia down in no time :)

oh I like.. sounds good to me on the water changes.. guess its just scrubbin white dead stuff off then for me... hehe
oh happy me... thanks slc... :)

Most reactions

Back