Lotsa Fry!!!!

Kayla Silver

Reaction score
My guppy had 8 babies on thursday I only had her for like 2 days and did'nt know how to tell when she is ready so she had them in the big tank w/the rest of the fish but I took them out into there own tank. Then on friday I bought a new female platy and she had babies while she was still in the bag on the way home!!!!!!!! She had 8 as well and now the babie platies and baby guppies live together in their own tank. They are so cute!!!!!!!!!! Also I have three 22 day old platy babies but they live in another tank to themselfs they were picking on the new platies and guppies. How long do you think it will be before all these mom's will have babies again? The one that had babies 22 days ago looks pregnant again.......... Soon I will have not any room for all these babies and the pet store said they will give .25 for platies less than an inch and more for ones between 1 1/2 and 2 inches big. How long untill the babies are this big??? Weel I mean the platies bcuz they won't take the guppies...............
( I know I have ALOT to say!!!!!!!) :)

Congrats! :lol:

My platies seem to give birth every 25 days or so. I could be off by a day or two, but most seem to agree on this.

Most livebearers have their babies every 25-40 days, with the average being 28 (at least for guppies).

Linda

Out of curiosity, which livebearer takes 40 days to give birth? That seems awfully long! :eek:

Wow they have babies alot!!!!!! I don't know what I am goin to do with them all when this happens. I have 3 female platies and 1 female guppy. Also 1 male platy and 1 male guppy. So I guess soon I will be unsure what to do with tons of babies... Hmmmm.....

:band: < COOL!

Also, realize that first spawn is often the smallest one. As the female grows larger, your brood size will increase! More fries... :lol:

At least down here, fries of platies don't command much value (for obvious reason - too easy to breed). The current batch will be my last platy group, then I'll switch to another species... ;)

Yeah, I found my first swordtail fry today, they're so tiny.

Try and see if your LFS will give you store credit rather than cash, often times they'll offer more in store credit than they would in cash. That's only some LFS', but I'm sure it's worth a try. It's not like you haven't got anything to buy there...

Most reactions

Back