Lots of bubbles...

Italian_Stallion

Reaction score
i have a 3ft tank and there is always bubbles around the edges. aswell as the bubbles there is something on the surface of the water that looks like oil. could this be detergent?? and how would i get rid of them??

What kind of fish do you have in your tank?

Bettas build bubble nests as do other fish so it could be that.

i have 2 bristle noses, 1 baby pleco, 2 glass fish, and 2 other catfish things. also some snails. no bettas

that slick is made of desolved organic compounds and it prevents oxygen excange as well as breacking down into nitrate and also it taxes your fishes kidneys. Activated carbon will remove it ans so will water changes although you will find it hard to skim the water from the surface for a water change. the DOC's are mainly protein and they build matricies supporting the bubles and thats why you have so many In a bucket I had been uting water from my tank into I once had a football shaped bubble because the DOC slick on the top was so thick. :sick:

im a newbie so alot of the things u say i dont understand. and what is a DOC?? what is the simplest way 2 fix it??

Its alright Rockey everyone starts out an newbie.

DOC=desolved organic compounds

Simplest way to fix lots of water movement and nex activated carbon in your filter.

Also in your signature if you put a [/color] at the end it will turn blue you need to compleat the tag. there is a beginers section with some great information I suggest you check it out.

I didn't either :p

I'm glad to see this topic b/c I was wondering the same thing the other day, but just never thought to ask about it!

Most reactions

Back