Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
These are my LOTR books!
ABA5C432-1C7A-4DC0-8D76-6B13B7F708CE.jpeg

F0F3CDFB-4DB5-4830-9D4E-C75B93965F29.jpeg

I love the first actual 3 books, because if you put them side by side, they make a picture! The last picture is one of the “prelude” to the series.

I know @Retired Viking and @dmpfishlover are interested.

My grand father gave them to me a while ago (before he passed)

Edit: They are very old, and the first one hasn’t been treated that well... ;)

These are my LOTR books!
View attachment 106600
View attachment 106601
I love the first actual 3 books, because if you put them side by side, they make a picture! The last picture is one of the “prelude” to the series.

I know @Retired Viking and @dmpfishlover are interested.

My grand father gave them to me a while ago (before he passed)
Very cool! They definitely look like someone has read them (a few times!), and that they were Loved.... you should really read them.

Very cool! They definitely look like someone has read them (a few times!), and that they were Loved.... you should really read them.
My Grand father read them when he was overseas. I am starting the first one! Should I read the prelude or the actual first book?
image.jpg

My Grand father read them when he was overseas. I am starting the first one! Should I read the prelude or the actual first book?
View attachment 106604
I would read the Hobbit first... as it is a prelude... It focuses on Bilbo and his adventures before the events of the LOTR Trillogy and Frodo's adventures.

I would read the Hobbit first... as it is a prelude... It focuses on Bilbo and his adventures before the events of the LOTR Trillogy and Frodo's adventures.
I watched the actual movie (you know, the one from the on “Rudy”? :lol:) and a veggie tail version. But other than that, no prior experience. :nod:

The Hobbit was written as a children's or young adult's book, and Tolkien originally intended for the LOTR books to also be children's/young adult's books, but then as he was writing them, the writing became much "darker" and the wording a little more difficult, so they were marketed as adult books when they were finally released.

Me too!! Another REALLY good older series that you should read if you haven't already is the Chronicles of Narnia... First book is "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".. .It is one of my favorite books that I read growing up!! :)
I know! I love that series!

Most reactions

Back