Looking For Amano Shrimp. (us)

myfrint

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I live in Long Island, New York, and I'm trying to get some amano shrimps for my 10 gal planted tank.

I checked all LFS near my town, but they had none.

Does anyone know if there is any LFS in NY that has amano shrimp?

or any website that I can order them online without expensive price?

Thanks.

I live in NYC and I've been wondering about this too. For such a popular shrimp, it's amazing that I haven't been able to find any place in the city that sells it.

i don't live in NYC, but i live in the USA, and i haven't seen any either... could it be a US thing?

Don't know. :(

I checked many LFS in LI and Queens area, and some of the stores had many types of fish, but none of them had large selection of shrimps or freshwater plants.

It isn't hard to find online, but I wouldn't shell out $20-30 on shipping just for shrimp. Freshwater inverts don't seem very common in LFS around here.

Since you went into Queens, have you checked Fishtown USA in Flushing? They have a pretty good selection and might have the amano.

It isn't hard to find online, but I wouldn't shell out $20-30 on shipping just for shrimp.
Uhm the link I gave shipping is $12.95 irrespective of amount. Not exactly outrageous.

if u want to take a trip out to northeast pa (like all the new yorkers moving here, 85% of the pop.) u can go to saylorsburg and they sell them, they have alot, for like 2$. i can give directions if needed. i think he gets them from NYC anyway......

Well.. Petshrimp doesn't sell amanos right now anyways. -_-
No they don't - but Red Cherries are also renowned for their algae eating abilities as well as the other caridinas.

The guy wanted amanos. Though, I've seen the red cherries in some LFS in NYC. Going around $5 per.

The guy wanted amanos. Though, I've seen the red cherries in some LFS in NYC. Going around $5 per.
True - but most people don't know that cherries are practically just as good - as well as most other caridinas. Plus - they actually stand a chance of breeding in the tank - unlike Amano's that will never hatch and grow beyond the first few week ;)

Most reactions

Back