Look at my aquascape

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
It's still under construction. I'm waiting on some Java moss for the driftwood, some Lobelia cardinalis for the left front corner and some Small Helsine for the right front corner. I've just cut back the right Alterenthera rosaefolia, it used to be the same size as the left but the lower leaves were dying. I'm hoping the Ech. tenullus will carpet too.

My main inspiration is Takeshi Amano for the artistic side and Dennerle for the hardware (although I have substituted mose Dennerle products for cheaper ones!).

There's a pair of Angels, 8 Cardinals, 8 Rummynoses, 5 Otos, 2 Cory Julii and 2 Botia Striata and I've just added 2 Dwarf Gourami's (my wife insisted because she loves the colours!).

I'm hoping to enter next years AGA (Aquatic Gardener's Accosiation) photo contest. You can see the quality of previous entrant's tanks here.

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2003...e=view-showcase

Attachments

• aquascape.JPG
    aquascape.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 42
Wow looks great.
I'd nom for totm but they are not doing it
:( at the moment so I won't bother,
good luck in the other comp though :thumbs:

:-( simply nice :-(

good luck with the contest :) ive been looking at the entries in that website before and looking at them for inspiration :) i wish i could make a tank half as nice as yourd :kewlpics:

Since i think u know about plants

Whats the name of the plant that u vreate carpets with..I see ur trying to do that.... :)

danio2004 said:
Wow looks great.
I'd nom for totm but they are not doing it
:( at the moment so I won't bother,
good luck in the other comp though :thumbs:
See here danio.

You know, you really have a talent there, I would consider starting a business doing other people's tanks if possible.

I really have not seen many tanks as nice as the ones you continue to post.

Another great job!

A couple things:

I'd recommend willow moss over java moss-- especially if you're seious about competition.

The mid background still seems to bare to me . . . maybe a piece of "twisted root" bogwood sticking up from the bottom? You could plant moss/anubia on it too, this is a pretty successful technique.

Since you're not going for the bushy look, (as seen by use of swords and micro sword over glosso for foreground) you might want to use some rocks in the foreground, to give a more full and solid look. Use only 1 type of rock, I think a darker color would be better for your tank.

The top right corner seems bare, have you considered something for it? I recommend another rotalla species, or maybe Heteranthera zasterfolia if you can get them tall enough. "Star grass" is pretty popular right now.

I think you need more cardinal tetras. Your other fish are nice, but you got to go for the fish that pop ou on camera. The cardinals are simply the best in this regaurd.

Good luck. :)

<edit> Or how about some heteranthera bellow the rotalla on the right side? I think the leaf shape would really complement the others in that area, and add some bright green color there to contrast your red species! :D

Most reactions

Back