Long Finned Oscars...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

big mick

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I saw a picture of a long finned albino oscar the other day and didnt even know they existed, are they widely available?

It looked like a HUGE male Betta.

I will try and find the picture if anyone wants to see it.....what a cracker!

I would like to see a piccie :)

I just saw 2 of them for the first time yesterday also, the little one was priced like $90....WOW! When I saw the fins I didn't even think it was an oscar until a store employee told me it was, and then showed me the one for sale.

here you go...

longfinnedoscar2.jpg

longfinnedoscar.jpg

:drool:

your right it just looks like a giants betta but you could just keep a betta lol.

:good:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird :alien: i prefer the shorter tailed variety, especially with the smaller price tag :nod:

im glad someone said that because TBH i dont particularly like it either, the long fins really dont suit it

When I first saw these online I was a bit naive and thought they were a natural occurence. It's got to be hard for them pulling that amount of fin around? I don't know, I'm not an expert, it just looks wrong. :/

When I first saw these online I was a bit naive and thought they were a natural occurence. It's got to be hard for them pulling that amount of fin around? I don't know, I'm not an expert, it just looks wrong. :/
i agree, i was unsure when i first heard of it because it is anything but natural, and yet another manmade attribute which is going to do no favours to the fish, and those fins look so flimsy and weak compared to the strong, powerful looking tails of its relatives. :/

Most reactions

Back