London Fishkeepers

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

catxx

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
We don't have a central London fishkeeping club so over on the PFK forum we've been working getting people together to meet up and chat about starting one. There's a good bunch of people so far, if there are any Londoners on here, these are the details:

The Alwyne (on St Pauls Road just off Upper Street near Highbury & Islington Station)
Here:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...714285714285746
on the 31st March at 7.30pm.

Any Londoners interested?

Clearly not many Londoners on here then :(

Anyway, the next meeting is here:
Tuesday 28th April 2009 at 7.30pm

Venue:
The Junction Public House
2A Corsica Street
N5 1JJ

And we've got a proper name now, Central London Aquatic Society (C.L.A.S.) :)

Clearly not many Londoners on here then :(

Anyway, the next meeting is here:
Tuesday 28th April 2009 at 7.30pm

Venue:
The Junction Public House
2A Corsica Street
N5 1JJ

And we've got a proper name now, Central London Aquatic Society (C.L.A.S.) :)

Hi

Well, I am in London (SE/Kent Borders). How did the meeting go?

C

It went well! There was only 5 of us though, but it was a good and positive start! Quite a mix of different interest, two very much Goldfish orientated, one a member of the Goldfish Society of Great Britain which was interesting, us other three were tropical fish geeks of varying abilities. The Alwyne were we were meant to meet was closed! So we relocated to The Junction :) Good range of ages too!! Not like a lot of the more established Society's where the average age is 75 hehe! (I'm 27 for instance)

Definitely would love more people to come to the next one. One of the guys is a good website geek and another has his own hosting so we should have a website up soon too :D

It went well! There was only 5 of us though, but it was a good and positive start! Quite a mix of different interest, two very much Goldfish orientated, one a member of the Goldfish Society of Great Britain which was interesting, us other three were tropical fish geeks of varying abilities. The Alwyne were we were meant to meet was closed! So we relocated to The Junction :) Good range of ages too!! Not like a lot of the more established Society's where the average age is 75 hehe! (I'm 27 for instance)

Definitely would love more people to come to the next one. One of the guys is a good website geek and another has his own hosting so we should have a website up soon too :D

So was it all Guys then??

I for one am a relative newbie. (having got my first tropical tank just before Christmas). I have ALWAYS wanted a little set up. Now I have 3 tanks, and am becoming obsessesd lol

Nope 3 guys 2 girls! (I'm one of the girlies!)
One of the guys has only been keeping for 5 months.

WOOT LONDON
is there another forum....
why not just do it here

There's no point being 1 forum exclusive, that kind of narrows down our publicity just a tad! We first sent the worms out on PFK as it's an obviously uk-based forum, now we're going elsewhere.

we'll see, no running before we can walk! you don't have to join these society organisations straight away.

i know that but they can supply with material for video talks and info on show's etc etc

thank's helter skelter, we've already looked at FBA's stuffed but I think things like shows are a good year or so down the line for us - merely finding a venue in a price range of almost-free in central London that'll do something like that will be like a needle in a haystack! we are aware of it all and one of the other guys has picked up the registration. I also have a contact in Scotland who's set up their own Society, they're without FBAS and all that and have done just fine!

acara man - come to the next meeting!

Most reactions

Back