Lfs Problems....advice?

RyanTheFishGuy64

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So for about 7 weeks now I have been trying to get my lfs to get a certain platy in. They order them but when the shipping comes in, they must be not available from the supplier. I have also noticed the lack of platy species diversity. They have 6-7 Platy tanks with only 2 of them with fish. (both of them sunburst). Also, the only reason I don't want to order online is because I'd rather not pay 35$ for shipping for one livebearer... Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Look around for a different store maybe? Where I live there are two right across the street from eachother in my town.  Each of the surrounding towns have their own.  I don't know how far you are willing to drive, but if your closest one can't get in the fish you want and you don't want to order online, you might have to look elsewhere

I looked....there is one other store. I'll go there tomorrow. Maybe you know an online retailer who's shipping isnt so much?

I've never purchased online, but I have looked at liveaquaria.com before.  I think their shipping is $20 though.  Hopefully someone else can shed a little more light on that category.  Since fish should be shipped as quickly as possible it will always cost quite a bit to have them arrive alive and in good health

Ive bought a few fish from a guy named fishonlinerus on ebay, his shipping is 15$ you can ask him to order the fish you need from his wholesaler and he can ship them to you :) 

http://www.ebay.com/usr/fishonlinerus?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Click contact and tell him darklord_2012 sent you :p

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
sawickib said:
Ive bought a few fish from a guy named fishonlinerus on ebay, his shipping is 15$ you can ask him to order the fish you need from his wholesaler and he can ship them to you
smile.png

http://www.ebay.com/usr/fishonlinerus?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Click contact and tell him darklord_2012 sent you
tongue2.gif
Sounds like a good idea! I might do that if my other store doesnt come through!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Shipping costs are based on a few factors. Time of year, distance, type of fish in the box.

But the reason your store won't order your one platy is because they cannot order single fish. I work with a person who imports on a small scale. I help by picking up the fish at the transhipper who gets them off the planes. As a result I canalso buy at those prices. But if I had wanted some the last list had 9 different platy varieties on it, some in multiple sizes from which to choose. The smallest quantity for any was 80 for the large size of 2 varieties, After that the boxes were for 130 to 500 fish. Do you expect a store to order that many to get you your one fish? And if they want fewer fish, they can pay more for fewer fish from a middleman. But they still cannot buy a few fish, they have to buy multiples.

And then there is Aquabid.com

TwoTankAmin said:

Shipping costs are based on a few factors. Time of year, distance, type of fish in the box.

But the reason your store won't order your one platy is because they cannot order single fish. I work with a person who imports on a small scale. I help by picking up the fish at the transhipper who gets them off the planes. As a result I canalso buy at those prices. But if I had wanted some the last list had 9 different platy varieties on it, some in multiple sizes from which to choose. The smallest quantity for any was 80 for the large size of 2 varieties, After that the boxes were for 130 to 500 fish. Do you expect a store to order that many to get you your one fish? And if they want fewer fish, they can pay more for fewer fish from a middleman. But they still cannot buy a few fish, they have to buy multiples.

And then there is Aquabid.com

Domesticated: Sailfin Red Tail Black Variatus, LABOR DAY SALE! Prontodelivery 9/1
buyitnow.gif
$34.95  Domesticated: (6) Red Tail Black Variatus - Free S&H! Showfishing 9/12
buyitnow.gif
$24.99

I understand they wont order me a single fish :p   The store is always trying to get in this species to hold in the store as a normal product, but their supplier is out of them most of the time. Aquabid Also looks like a good idea. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back