Levels Very Strange

HappyGeorge

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok so I moved all the rock into my the new tank on Thursday, everything seems good tank has a filter bag under the sump intake, have some chaeto in there and the skimmer running, its an Deltec MCE300 and I have put some filter floss round the little water spout outlet (mainly to silence water but seems to collect muck too), so I was expecting some nitrate from at least a little bit of die off from the rock. So tested tonight and it was 0. I then tested the water that the rock has been in for the last 2 weeks and much to my suprise that was a 0 too. I didn't expect much of a cycle given the large amount of mature rock but was expecting a trace.

Ok so I moved all the rock into my the new tank on Thursday, everything seems good tank has a filter bag under the sump intake, have some chaeto in there and the skimmer running, its an Deltec MCE300 and I have put some filter floss round the little water spout outlet (mainly to silence water but seems to collect muck too), so I was expecting some nitrate from at least a little bit of die off from the rock. So tested tonight and it was 0. I then tested the water that the rock has been in for the last 2 weeks and much to my suprise that was a 0 too. I didn't expect much of a cycle given the large amount of mature rock but was expecting a trace.

It's zero!.........don't worry about!.......obviously well cured rock!

Actually, er!......it's bad rock!,......you'd better send it to me, just to give you a second opinion! Lol

Somehow would have felt happier seeing some cycle. Well I know I transported it in water and I have been skimming it and had lots of flow over it but I was just very confused by zero's in both tank and the bath. If all stays stable those Chromis might be coming home with me sooner than I thought. I will probably add them to the main tank direct. Give them a week and then put my clowns and goby in to turn the nano into the quarantine tank. Time to look at stocking now.

You didnt transfer it for very long did you, so probably to be expected really :good:

Seffie x

Agree with seffie, if you didnt take too long and none of the lr dried out you shouldnt have any die off or cycle. this is seffie's job normally but seeing as she has mentioned it ill ask... PICCYS? lol

Thanks, yeah think I had come to that conclusion and although never out of water (even during transport) and the fact that I skimmed, heated and heavily circulated the bath of rocks (see journal for that one) I had just expected some sort of reading. There are lots of photos but won't post again here, follow the Godiva link on my Sig to my Journal mate, tested 0 on Nitrate today too, so looking pretty good, pick up sand and Vortech tomorrow hopefully.

Most reactions

Back