Lets Hear Your Betta's Names

These are all males:

Smokin` Joe Frasier - red/blue vt with very long flowing fins

Mo Betta - dk blue/light blue fins, vt, just a little guy, probably pretty young

Chili (short for Red Hot Chili Pepper) - red vt

Tinsel - reddish orange body, red, teal, and white fins, vt, blows HUGE bubble nests

Halcyon - mustard yellow dt with brown streaks through his fins

Phluffy - light yellow (cambodian?) SUPPOSED sd, but is sick, I think he has fin rot, just brought him home today, and his fins are very scrawny and clamped, don`t know if he`ll make it, but I hope so :)

Update on this post:

I decided to change Halcyon`s name to Butters (I love South Park) :)

Phluffy is being treated with an antibiotic for his fin rot and seems to be coming along, he is eating and acting much better, not clamping fins like he was, but he still looks pretty pathetic for supposedly being a SD, lol!

I recently got another male betta, a DT, pineapple with copper green tinting in his body and at the edges of his fins
not sure what to name him yet though.

My little guy has a first, middle, and last name, along with a nickname. Each for a reason.

His full name is: "Luigi" Linguini Karsten Warhol.

Luigi because there was a point where I wish I had named him Luigi, then realized that it sounds like a nickname for Linguini.

Linguini (I know it's spelt wrong, but it adds character) because when I got him back in September, there was a theme of "Italian pastas" throughout most of the residence jokes. During our Orientation week, the theme was Super Mario, and there was a time where Mario and Luigi decided to count to 10 in 'Italian'. That being said, 1 was Speghetti, 2 was Linguine, 3 was Ravioli, 4 was Macaroni, and so forth. That day I got Linguini, we saw a groundhog and I was like 'Let's name him Fettuccine! So that night when we were coming back from the pet store, I said 'what should I name him?' and the rest of the story continues with his middle name...

Karsten: this is the name of a good friend of mine who was on this little shopping trip. When I asked the question 'what should I name him?' somebody yelled 'KARSTEN!' and well, Karsten didn't really approve. Instead he of course suggested Linguine. I liked both names, so I thought both had meaning and importance for this little guy and called him Linguini (yes, with an 'i') Karsten.

Warhol: I realized after a while that Linguini needed a last name to complete his name. I asked for suggestions and someone said 'Warhol'. I really liked the ring that it had to the name and decided to keep it!

There ya go, that's the story behind Linguini's name!

I named me and my friend's betta "Lousy Bob", because he's in her 30 gallon tank, and can't swim fast enough to catch a guppy baby that has troubles swimming!
He's purple and blue. =)

All my old bettas' names were: (Who are now dead)

-Aqua: Turquoise and beige male betta.
-Ember: Bright red male betta.
-Neon: Bright blue male betta
-Casper: Red and blue male betta.

Update on the clan, cyan died last week of dropsy and have purchased a double tail plakat which i think is a black mustard gas and have named him tarquin x

Mine and the GF's bettas are named after the cast of Twilight lol,

We got

Carlile (dad)
Esmay (mum)
Alice(daughter of ^^^)
Rosalee.

Aaaaahhhh damn my lfs, couldn't resist another 3 females today lol

Bitsy- She's a cambo with a green dorsal but red anal and a mix of both on her tail
Gertie- A little bit boring to look at but has a lovely green to her
Diamonique- She is a beauty!! White with the most beautiful blue shine!!

Most reactions

Back