Lake Tanginka

Oddball

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering asbout this...........Right i have a new tank thats 30x8x15 (18 wide not tall) that id love to set up as a tanginikan tank.............I have four plecos, four synodontids (small ones S.nigriventis) and an ornate Polypterus in there (shes a local species) and i will rehome her with lager chichlids later on. Right the problem is two fold......
are these species compatible psuedotropheus Deboisi and the lyre tale birchardi?
and secondly what other species can you recommend?

look thanks in advance

What plecs have you got? If they're ordinary ones they will grow to about 15" each. Your synos will reach 6-8" each so IMO you haven't got any more room for anything. I know that's not the answer you wanted, it's just my opinion.

i'm doing black calvus in my tank mixed with peacocks....calvus are from tank, and peacocks are from malawi....already have my peacocks breeding and hopefully, after the calvus get a bit bigger, they will start breeding to...

calvus males will reach about 5 inches and the peacocks will reach about the same.

:)

muzscman said:
i'm doing black calvus in my tank mixed with peacocks....calvus are from tank, and peacocks are from malawi....already have my peacocks breeding and hopefully, after the calvus get a bit bigger, they will start breeding to...

calvus males will reach about 5 inches and the peacocks will reach about the same.

:)
i'm amazed you have anything breeding (and raising them to maturity) with calvus, they feed on fry and anything small enough to fit in their mouth usually does!!

So the calvus, they get to 5", can i have the latin name and breeding parameters?
Can anyone give some info on Birchardi (fariy chichlids) as i have found a reference in an OLD book that recommended that any cichlid should be kept in a species tank :dunno:

Most reactions

Back