Lack of appetite

RikuzaYuzu

Reaction score
Hello,when i start feeding today morning for me,my fish are suddenly not eating,only eating one pellet or none per fish,they normally eat about 3 or more pellets per fish,is there something wrong?

The fish i'm talking about is my golden barbs btw,and my cherry barbs are also having the same symptom,i've seen them eat less but didn't think much of it for the past 2 days.

Fish don’t need to be fed every day, they can go several days without food. Perhaps they’ve just ‘had enough’..? Maybe you could stop feeding for two days and see if they feed better after that..?

Fish don’t need to be fed every day, they can go several days without food. Perhaps they’ve just ‘had enough’..? Maybe you could stop feeding for two days and see if they feed better after that..?
I will try that then,thanks for the advice!

If fish go off their food (stop eating) it is usually caused by poor water quality, low water temperature, or a serious illness.

Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.
Check the water temperature.
Maybe post some pictures so we can check them for diseases.

-----------------------
Basic first aid for fish:
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean sponge.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, do not clean the filte rif it is less than 6 weeks old. If you have sponges/ pads, etc in the filter, squeeze these out in a bucket of tank water and re-use the sponges/ pads, etc. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the lawn.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or until the problem is identified.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Most reactions

Back