Kribensis I.d

Reaction score
Rite sooo my 2 new kribensis aren't exactly getting along "swimmingly" lol they chase each other all over the tank until 1 of them hides and im starting to think i have 2 males, Instead of a breeding pair which i asked for.... here a short vid of them both the 1st krib you see is the boss no doubt and is not shy. The second crib i try to zoom in on munching a hikari wafer alas he gets chased away by the 1st one
unsure.gif
plus then my camera runs outta memory
crazy.gif

anyways if you think you can help video is: Vid

it aint the best quality but i need to sort something soon b4 1 of them dies :(

Males are usually larger, less colour, more streamlined, pinky belly rather than the red in females. And they have a flat belly whereas the female has a very round belly

Type male kribensis in google and analyze. Do the same again but female kribensis. You'd be better off sexing them for yourself. If the fish shop don't have males, then they will probably sell you another female (which they will say is male)

Forgot to say males have a purple anal fin. Have a look below the female is in the distance. Look at the belly shape, their colour and their size.
male_female_krib.jpg

I just purchased 2 kribs yesterday, and I was also told 1 was male and 1 female, but cant tell the difference? What do you think?:crazy:

IMG_0194.jpg

I just purchased 2 kribs yesterday, and I was also told 1 was male and 1 female, but cant tell the difference? What do you think?:crazy:

IMG_0194.jpg
looks like you have a pair the male has a longer dorsel fin and is flatter. the female is more of a football shape (USA football)

IMG_0194.jpg
I cant tell accurately because the krib at the back is turned away. But it appears that it is a male and the one at the front is a female

Well, that's a releif. Thanks. They're not very friendly towards each other though...:rolleyes:

Well, that's a releif. Thanks. They're not very friendly towards each other though...:rolleyes:
Just because they are male and female, does not mean they are a pair. Much like human relationships, will not always work

Forgot to say males have a purple anal fin. Have a look below the female is in the distance. Look at the belly shape, their colour and their size.
male_female_krib.jpg

crap... i wish i seen this b4 i went up lol i think now ive seen this pic ive got 2 males this time -_- .... these kribs are so small its really hard to tell tbh

Most reactions

Back