Koi Pool

ScottyBoy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im turning my pool in a growing on pond for koi. happy days

18ft of a koi.

Im not going for show koi im going for more affordable growing from fry

i would love to do that with my 21000 litre pool but parents say no

11200 gallons :) And this morning i starting building the vats this morning still taty up there loads of weeds too go and drain the pool. But I will keep everyone updated and post some pictures up. Just got to save 500 quid for the filter i want

My logic to it is people at the moment cant afford to buy 2k show fish for there ponds so im growing about 2 thousand fry on and selling cheap obviously they wont be show quality and want win any awards but the farm i am buying them from produce stunning fry but the cull 80% of the fry because they dont look as good as show fish and its because they cost too much to feed. And i dont agree with killing fish to keep a strong blood. Thats my view anyway. So in about a year anyone looking for reasonably priced koi im your man.

what filter you getting? sound very cheap for a pond of that size?
what filter is currently on the pool if its a sand filter you might be able to use it depending on what its made out of.

what koi farm you going to?

i very much doubt you will make anything from it. koi farmers cull the koi about 2 times before they are 1 month old to get rid of any runts.

for the koi be any doesnt you will need about 450+ liters of air per minute. you will also need to feed a good quality of food.

i think you would get more satisfaction from a few nice koi rather than alot of low grade koi (not trying to put you down but im sure it will be hard to get rid of them as not all the fish willl turn out half decent)

as i said im not trying to put you of but just abit of advise.

chrid

where are you located?

I know a great place to get show quality and other grade koi, good fish and the prices don't seem too bad.

Cheers

Cuttlebrook
Got a quote from peter golding for filter house.
and my dad worked on a koi farm in japan for like 5 years i appreciate the advise though
Wheatgerm and garlic pro from hatui

And im located in East devon :)

Most reactions

Back