Kind Of Rescaping

Looking good Gidge. I really like the jagged wood on the left, and the avenue is fine - golden ratios etc. are guidance, not rules. I'm concerned that your 'Big Green Plant' is a large leaved Anubias species, and therefore the rhizome will rot if buried in sand. Have a google and if it is you need to attach the base to rock or wood for it to be happy

Looking good Gidge. I really like the jagged wood on the left, and the avenue is fine - golden ratios etc. are guidance, not rules. I'm concerned that your 'Big Green Plant' is a large leaved Anubias species, and therefore the rhizome will rot if buried in sand. Have a google and if it is you need to attach the base to rock or wood for it to be happy

Would it help if I took a picture of the roots? Would that confirm it for you. It doesnt appear to have similar roots to the Java Fern.

I'm guessing Million is on about this plant? Does kind of look like what you have from the pictures, although never seen it grow so tall?
Mine grows outwards like this picture. It's Anubias Barteri, can get small leaf too :good:
4565525.jpg

I had some anubias that grew straight up, can't remember the name tho. A pic would be great, if you could.

I'm guessing Million is on about this plant? Does kind of look like what you have from the pictures, although never seen it grow so tall?
Mine grows outwards like this picture. It's Anubias Barteri, can get small leaf too :good:
4565525.jpg

Mine certainly does not look like that, I haven't managed to get a pic yet though.
That is a stunning plant by the way, love the colour.

Did you ever get your crypts?
I'm STILL waiting for my crypts :angry:
Once I get them, I'm going to order some Anubias Nana I think, and get some more pebbles! :)

Thankyou for your continued interest :)

4565525.jpg

Mine certainly does not look like that, I haven't managed to get a pic yet though.
That is a stunning plant by the way, love the colour.

Did you ever get your crypts?
I'm STILL waiting for my crypts :angry:
Once I get them, I'm going to order some Anubias Nana I think, and get some more pebbles! :)

Thankyou for your continued interest :)

No worries, its a beautiful tank and I would like to see progress.

No worries, its a beautiful tank and I would like to see progress.
Why thank you! I got an email yesterday saying my plants are being posted today! Finally! Now I can get cracking. Time to get the pebbles I think. But like I said, I'd like to get some Anubias Nana. So when I stick my hand in the tank next I'll grab a pic of the mystery "big green plant".

Okay so my Wendtii finally arrived! And I got my pebbles today. I'll upload a few pics in a minute. (Just warning they're not the best, still using my phone :angry: )

All in all...I'm still not happy haha. I'm just so hard to please :p
But I think I know what I want to do.
Can anyone recommend a ground cover that would suit my tank conditions (No CO2 etc) I'm not sure about my lighting. All I know is they're T8 globes?
I was looking at Hermianthus Callitrichoide, but I'm unsure whether this would thrive in my tank.

Oh and I got a pic of the mystery 'Big Green Plant' :D.

Pics as promised.

Mystery Plant:

21022012746.jpg

TANK

21022012768.jpg

21022012767.jpg

Right hand side view.

21022012771.jpg

Left hand side view.

21022012772.jpg

I was thinking of putting some ground cover around the 'pebble pile'. Thought it would fill it out nicely. As for the piece of wood, I need to get some more Java Fern, and I plan on putting the Anubias there also.

Sorry again for the crappy pics, any suggestions are more then welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks for your patience with this one guys!

Looks great. The big plant looks like a Hygrophillia so keep it in the gravel. Def not an anubias. I've never had much luck with most of the ground covers, to needy. What about one of the different mosses like Christmas moss? easy to grow adds nice texture.

Looks great. The big plant looks like a Hygrophillia so keep it in the gravel. Def not an anubias. I've never had much luck with most of the ground covers, to needy. What about one of the different mosses like Christmas moss? easy to grow adds nice texture.

Thanks :) The big plant seems to be doing well. I've noticed the top parts drop off, and I can re-plant them cos they have roots on the bottom :hyper:
One has dropped off so far, I planted it, and seems to be really healthy.

#29### about the ground covers. All I know is I need to fill that right hand side with some more plants haha. Like I said, I'm thinking Java fern and Anubias. I'll attach some of the Java to the pebbles.. maybe :look: Too many options!!

The 'sword' looking plants in the right hand side, any idea of placement? I'm not sure if I like them where they are, but I don't know what else to do with them!

I'm going to have a google of the Christmas Moss :)

I managed to get some better pics. So i've changed the ones up there ^^ :)

Looking good :good: .
Anubias would look nice infront of that right side piece of wood, java fern could too but when it gets huge might take focus off the left side?
What about the large leaf anubias with some smaller ones around it? :lol:

Most reactions

Back