Juwel Trigon 190 [What Are They Like]

norky99

Reaction score
I few months ago I came home one day to find my fish tank had cracked killed all my fish apart from 2 and ruined my floor. So for now the 2 fish that survived are in a 4ft tank I had to borrow. Today I was offered a Juwel Trigon 190 with everything for £200 so I just wanted to know what these tanks are like and if its worth the asking price. Also how big are they as its hard to tell from a photo and would it be big enough to house my Pleco [about 12" long ] and the rest of the fish I hope to get

Definitely not.

I've the Trigon 350 and would put anyone off getting one. I hate them, I hate Juwel and I hate their prices. You'd be better off getting a 190litre standard tank, rectangle, rather than a corner one as a corner one will give you less stocking options as the footprint of the tank isn't great. The internal filter is useless, you'd be better ripping it out if you did get the tank and getting a good external filter. The lighting can also be a problem as I've had many issues with the ballast frying with condensation getting into the supposedly sealed unit.
I think the price is heavy. I got my 350 for £220.

Its your choice but I think there are far better tanks out there.

Tis about the going rate, i sold mine for £175. They are very nice taks, they wouldn't be big enough to house a common placo though.

Thanks for the reply
I was looking more for the corner tank as it would of fitted better in my living room. What other tank do you recommend I would like something with more night thanthe stands. 4Ft tanks

I have a trigon 190 and love it. Never had any trouble with it and everything works perfectly. The build quality is excellent. The internal filter does the job, some people don't like them but my water is clean and I have never had any problems with fluctuating ammonia or nitrite. The tank also looks great and fit nicely into a corner.

How big doe's it look as to be honest I've only seen the 350 version

Not sure how to answer that. It is a decent size but looks good in a corner. You can get the dimensions from the jewel website

I looked at the 190 but eventually bought the 350 as the shape of corner tanke means you lose the length of tank which you would get with a rectangle tank. This can restrict choice of fish.

190 is definitely too small for the pleco.

I looked at the 190 but eventually bought the 350 as the shape of corner tanke means you lose the length of tank which you would get with a rectangle tank. This can restrict choice of fish.

190 is definitely too small for the pleco.
Thanks.
Anyone recomened a good tank that's big but I might be able to get on a budget I would like a tank that as more hight than lenth

I have a trigon 190, i prefer the look of it over my rio 180 but it did take some time to get the hang of maintaining it. I found it to be a bit harder to clean. But it looks very nice. I have taken out the standard filter though.

look on ebay, you will find alot of bargains.

The problem with eBay is you see some great bargains but there always to far

The problem with eBay is you see some great bargains but there always to far

when you do a search you can filter it so its within a certain distance from where you live, thats how i do it. ive seen juwel 180`s in excellent condition go for well under £100

Hiya norky, as far as I have gathered the Juwels are very nice tanks. Everyone raves about their build quality. Yeah, I don't like the built in filter and did take mine out, it's easily done if you feel the same. Regarding the price, you can probably get it for a little cheaper. To take the hard work out of searching for a tank on ebay set up a search for tanks that only shows you what is within ## miles of your post code (the option is lower down on the left side) then save the search and tick the box to have it send you email alerts when things match your search. I think that option is just under the search bar.

It may take a few weeks before a real bargain pops up but used tanks are being sold all the time I'm sure one will come up :)

Most reactions

Back