Juwel Filter

macnaz

Reaction score
Hi All
I have a 3 foot Juwel tank RIO 180 which i have had running for about 10 weeks, I was forced (long story) to add fish with out giving the tank a chance to cycle. Anyway after many water changes and dead fish i am still having amonia problems ,even without fish in the tank for the last 2 weeks the amonia has remained almost the same. I really doubt that the small internal filter is good enough for the size tank. Anyone had this problem??

Cycling takes time, whats your Ph? If its too low it could cause problems for the developing bacteria. Also, you are using dechlorinator right?

Cycling takes time, whats your Ph? If its too low it could cause problems for the developing bacteria. Also, you are using dechlorinator right?
OK.. I have a PH around 7.4 and yes i use a dechlorinator ( Seachem Prime and Stability) . I have checked the dates and the tank has been operating for 10 weeks. The last 2 weeks with no fish at all and the amonia levels have virtualy stayed at 1.5 to 2 ppm . I know it takes time but that long surely not!. I originaly bought the tank because its in an open area and it needed to look neat on both sides, but now i will have to buy and external filter i guess and ruin the appearence.

Externals can easily fit underneath with the pipes running up the back :) and id increase your ammonia levels if your doing a fishless cycle, to around 5ppm.

Most reactions

Back