Juwel 60 Tank's Lighting - Pathetic!

Look at the spectrum diagram given with the product, the graph will have peaks on it in certain places, look for tubes with peaks in blue, red and yellow, though I've not seen many that peak in yellow, personally for what it's worth I'd just go with T8's, for what you pay for two T6's, you could probably buy 6*T8 tubes.

Look at the spectrum diagram given with the product, the graph will have peaks on it in certain places, look for tubes with peaks in blue, red and yellow, though I've not seen many that peak in yellow, personally for what it's worth I'd just go with T8's, for what you pay for two T6's, you could probably buy 6*T8 tubes.

argh .. if only websites would give the graph i need :blink: you're definately right about the price difference!! do you think this tube will do red, blues and yellows?? do you know if it's any good

My link

I'm not sure, I wouldn't bother with aquarium brand tubes, these are fine:

http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs-Tubes/15-Watt-18-Inch_2/18-In-Fluorescent-Tube-15W-Natural-25-15-Watt

They'll look a little yellow though.

if a tube says 4-peak spectrum what does that mean? (sorry if i'm being thick)

well ended up biting the bullet and buying 2 x aquarium 15w T8 tubes: 1 interpet daylight plus and 2 interpet beauty. am hoping between the two it should pick out the blues, reds and yellows and be brighter than the dull juwel t8 tube

thank you so much for your advice and patience standbysetting but i just couldnt get my head round buying fish tank bulbs from a hardware store :blush:

Most reactions

Back