Juveniles And Some Other Bettas

Pugbrat

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have two sets of fry. My brother left me with crowntail juvies when they were wee bit fry. They are turning out better than I expected. Cambodians. Check out the butterfly... I have high hopes for that guy.

Juvies001.jpg

Juvies002.jpg

Juvies003.jpg

Juvies004.jpg

Juvies005.jpg

Oh my! There used to be a table around here somewhere...

:lol:

...and this guy called "X" is a new find. :shifty:
BagongCTko_001.jpg

BagongCTko_002.jpg

Wow ! where are my Bettas ?

Oh... :blink: you mean the plakats? :lol:

They are growing steadily. Most are still in the grow-out tanks. So far, I have 12 that are jarred.
That will be a surprise _cRaCkEr_ my man. :nod:

Besides, I've got a lousy camera (not like your brand new spiffy digicam)... 8 week old fry pics will surely come out horrible! :/

Wow ! where are my Bettas ?

Oh... :blink: you mean the plakats? :lol:

They are growing steadily. Most are still in the grow-out tanks. So far, I have 12 that are jarred.
That will be a surprise _cRaCkEr_ my man. :nod:

Besides, I've got a lousy camera (not like your brand new spiffy digicam)... 8 week old fry pics will surely come out horrible! :/

nice.... YM me

Love that butterfly one! :drool:

Yes. He's quite unique too. I got all 12 as light colored, transparent-finned fry. As weeks went by, they started becoming red on the fins except that one. I thought he was a dud.
Somehow, this oddball also has stronger, firmer finnage compared to all his siblings whose fin rays can look soft when darting to and fro in the tanks. His fins was (and still) consistently spread to a flare.
What amazed me was the color pattern that came out. I'm definitely keeping this boy. He's got a nice display tank ready when the time comes. :lol:

Thanks!

what's with the blue water?

That's methylene blue in there. Just a preventive so the fry and juvies don't get velvet or ich. I just put it in randomly from time to time.
Nothing beats 50 to 75 percent daily water change though. :nod:
Clean water and good food are the best for maitainance.

With the adult gallon tanks, that's just the background blue strip catching on the water. They have clear water. :lol:

what's with the blue water?

That's methylene blue in there. Just a preventive so the fry and juvies don't get velvet or ich. I just put it in randomly from time to time.
Nothing beats 50 to 75 percent daily water change though. :nod:
Clean water and good food are the best for maitainance.

With the adult gallon tanks, that's just the background blue strip catching on the water. They have clear water. :lol:

I thought you're going to say that's how dirty the water is in Manila lol.

female001.jpg

"China", a pretty cellophane female PK

female002.jpg

Here's "Powder"...

female003.jpg

... all recovered and healthy... opaque white female plakat.

malect001.jpg

another shot of "X".

Most reactions

Back