Just Installed First HOB-Filter - How Can I Stop This Noise? (Aqua One Clear View 600 Hang On Filter)

Now that I look at the disassembly video, the shaft does not rotate but is in fact the inner bearing surface. I would pull the impellor out and see if the shaft can be inserted into the bottom. Be careful not to leverage the shaft sideways after insertion as this will deform or crack the lower shaft attachment point inside the housing.
That is correct; the shaft does not rotate in ANY HOB filter, that I am aware of...

That is correct; the shaft does not rotate in ANY HOB filter, that I am aware of...
That is correct. The impellor spins on the shaft but the metal or ceramic shaft does not move. The impellor shaft is held in place by the rubber grommets on either end.

That is correct. The impellor spins on the shaft but the metal or ceramic shaft does not move. The impellor shaft is held in place by the rubber grommets on either end.
Same thing for canister filters....my Eheim 2215, anyway...

Same thing for canister filters....my Eheim 2215, anyway...
Yeah they are all the same. Power heads, internal & external power filters, pond pumps, HOB filters, they all have the same design for the impellor and motor design. A few slight differences but basically a magnet (the impellor shaft) being turned by a coil and held in place by a shaft.

Most reactions

Back