Just Bought Some Fish!

fUbAr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
After 10 weeks cycling, my 20G was ready for fish!

went down the LFS and bought:

6x Harlequins
2x Peppered Corys.

planning on going back next week and getting 3 more corys and 2 baby clown loaches :)

so my question:

at the moment they are floating in their sealed bag in my tank water. In half hour i'll add some of my water and float for another half hour then let them free. Is this ok?

Ta :)

undo the bag, roll the edges down and it'll float like that, just stops them running out of air. then yes add soem tank water after half an hr or so, give it another 15-30 mins and let them free. best to switch the tank lights off to as they will be less stressed.

:good:

thank you :D

its funny after all this time to finally see fish in my tank!

Just a quick point to be made about the future fish selection - be careful you dont over stock, but more importantly dont get the clown loaches - they will grow far too big for your tank.

Clown loaches can get up to 12", but more likely 9-10" in an aquarium. They are also very sociable fish who should be kept in groups of 4 or more ideally.
Either way, your tank isnt big enough.

ooh ok thanks for that.

Well i would like some more cory's and some middle-dwellers that are quite active. Will have to look around.

ooh ok thanks for that.

Well i would like some more cory's and some middle-dwellers that are quite active. Will have to look around.

The Harlequins are certainly a very active mid water fish , iv got 10 and they never stop, there greedy buggers to lol , my corys are the same :D

Most reactions

Back