Jumbo Guppies!

They are full grown.. That's a 10 gallon tank they're in. I'll make another video with my hand in it if need be.

A fully mature platy may be far from the size they can grow to become Heygetsmart. I have had lots of livebearers at a mere half of their potential size who were sexually mature and producing more fry. That does not mean they were fully grown although it did seem to slow their growth when they started breeding. The average pet shop molly is only about 2 inches long or even less but a properly cared for adult molly can often grow to 5 inches or so. People who have never seen a molly that size will say their little 2 inch molly is fully grown because they have never seen a molly's potential. Similarly young fish are sold as adult guppies and platies but that does not mean they have grown to their potential.

Thank you [: Well, I guess by my standards they're full grown... I think I should run a study/observation on how water quality DOES affect livebearer growth, and how rapidly... Not saying I would leave them in tainted waters... But of course run this exeperiment accordingly.. So.. No water changes, and just filter changes... That's what my friend's landlord does. We'll run a control and independent variable... and a log book! Yes! Log book!

No water changes, and just filter changes works for your friend's landlord but it dont mean it will work for you. there is only 2 ways to keep fish and that is of course your way and the way other people keep them/ meaning what works for one person does not mean it always works for another

guppies can grow to be 4-5inches if i recall. so it is normal and not so unusual

guppies can grow to be 4-5inches if i recall. so it is normal and not so unusual

No, 2.5 - 3 inches at the most.

I see fish getting to 50 mm quite often and once saw a couple hitting 60mm. Be amazing to see something larger.

Most reactions

Back