John,s Reef Journal {experience Newbie}

Fire fish are great companions for cardinals and clowns :good:
Shame to hear about your hawk!

Thanks for that connorsbala :good:

Yeah it is a Shame about the longnose hawk its one beautiful looking fish and it has bags of character hoping from rock to rock and standing on it tail as it is leaning against the tank glass walls ect :lol:
I have ordered a fire goby and a piece of bright green xenia from my LFS and I am going to be collecting them later on today, so I will be taking the hawk back then :sad: so the other fish in the tank can finally relax :good:
{I will post some pics of the coral and fish once they have settled in}

We lost all our marine fish at work today! Imagine how the owner feels losing all that money!
Make sure you post some pics when they are settled in :good:

Pic off my green star polyp its seems to have settled in nicely but I have just one question I have seen what looks like the same coral on the internet and well the branches {sorry :blush: very technical I know :lol: } are much longer 3 to 4 times longer will mine grow the same or is it a different spices.
IMG_0261.JPG

Your GSP look good. The coral you describe could be a lot of things... What color is it?

Here is a pic of the one on the net {pic tells a thousand words as they say}
it looks a little bit like long grass lol
green_coral.jpg

Thanks for that BigC :good:
I guess I just have a very young colony basically and over short time the growth should be quite good and the color will become more vibrant

What supplements are you guys using to help feed your corals guys
Any comments much appreciated thank you

I'm using DT's Live Phytoplankton (refrigerated) I only use a very small amount 3 times per week.
Regards
BigC

Do you turn your skimmer off after adding the photyoplankton and if so how long for?
And what method do you use for feeding them, spot feeding?
Thanks again for your help

My skimmer is in the sump and my outlet to the sump is at the water surface. I will turn it off and empty the skimmate and clean the cup whilst I am dosing the plankton, I just use a pipette to feed near to the types that need it. I dont have many specific feeders of this type of food, but I feel having something of this nature in the water column can be beneficial to various coral types.
Regards
BigC

The GSP are looking really good fed all the corals in the tank with Phytoplankton as suggested by BigC {thank you} and also with some ocean nutrition nano coral food the corals which I have are looking a lot happier more vibrant colors and more full out if you no what I mean.
I have just ordered some small zoa frags off the net there getting delivered on Wednesday
I am really not sure about this just hope I don’t have any disasters DOA not delivered ect but I must say so far so good had an email sent from the seller with in 5 min of paying. I will let you guys no how things go

Waiting with my fingers crossed ……………… :lol:

If you take a look at this link
http://www.freewebs.com/coolcorals/index.htm
at these numbers
C02 Mushroom with Zoas -- C19 Baby Blue Zoas --- C20 Bright Green Zoas --- C27 Bright Green/Orange Zoas
You will be able to see what I have ordered, let me no what you think guys

Well from the looks... they are sold. Does that mean you go em? Hope so, some nice looking zoas

Ox :good:

Hi John,
Never used that site before but I have it filed in a folder along with some others just in case.
I bought my Zoo's from Fleabay (See my journal for pics) They are excellent, though small, They were well packaged and correspondance was first rate, so if your in the market for some more then try that guy. 100% honest seller.
Back on topic, yeah the ones you got really look well, when you get them acclimatised etc dont forget to upload the pics. (you'll probably need some Milliput or Aquascape putty to get them exactly where you want them)
Regards
BigC

Yabba-Dabba Do!
Sorry but I am just so pleased and relived
After all the problems I have had with the long nose hawk fish I have finally caught it its taken me quite some time I was going to swap him for the fire goby which I got on the 19 of july but he has managed to escape me every day since till today {18 days :sly::devil: } I did not want to take all the live rock and corals out of the tank just to catch 1 fish so today I decided to move a few of the smaller pieces of rock from the front of the tank then cut a piece of Perspex to fit inside of the tank so that I could separate the fish from the rock work This took me about 3… 4 hrs by the time I had went to the diy store and cut the Perspex ect but it was defiantly worth it I took him back to my LFS and part exchanged him for a Lemon Meringue Wrasse and a new coral
Time for a cup of tea then have to do a water change to make sure the tank is 100% spot on for the coral frags which are being delivered tomorrow from http://www.freewebs.com/coolcorals/index.htm
I will let you guys now how it goes

perhaps some one can Confirm the identify of the coral for me thanks guys
DSC01020.JPG
DSC00993.JPG

Most reactions

Back