Jewel Filter

cane76

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
whoever said it was easy to remove.it took me and a friend over an hour.it may be easy on smaller jewel tanks but it aint easy on the 450.this black box is 18x8x8.here is a pic of where it belongs and one of where it was :) i gotta get a scraper for the remaining silicon but im well pleased with the result.i cant believe the room it took up and the light it blocked

Attachments

• jewel2.JPG
    jewel2.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 28
  • jewel.JPG
    jewel.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 35
lol I have a juwel 240 and a 450. When I first decided to remove the internal filter on my 240 a while ago it was all cycled and the water and fish were in and it was a right pain in the ass. So later on when I bought my 450 a took the internal filter out on the tank when it wasn't even used. There was no water in or anything. I highly recommend to all juwel tank owners (if you are planning on buying another) to remove the filter befor adding water. IMO buying an external filter is way better than using the internal one that is provided. I have used both the internal and an external filter and there is no comparison. I have even sold the media and pump that comes with it on ebay. External filters are the way forward lol :fish:

Edit: just to say the silicon that is left behind is a bit ugly but with some perserverance it does come off. I know that it took me longer to get that off than the filter itself.

I did not relise they were siliconed in :( Is that true of all the Juwel tanks and are they all installed on the right hand side of the tank?

have been thinking about taking the internal filter out of my rio 180, what is the best way to go about doing it,

Well done :)

But how did it take so long to slice through 8 blobs of silicone with a snap off Stanley knife ? :blink:

Most reactions

Back