Jensen Vs. The Mirror

nadajdui

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Jensen is my 6 or so year old silver tabby. He's about 18 pounds or so, and a real bruiser,
Here is how he reacted to a mirror I had sitting around:

PictureorVideo456.jpg

PictureorVideo457.jpg

Bruiser is right! Even though he's puffed up in that picture, he looks like a good-sized fella. I don't think I've ever seen a cat splay its ears to the sides like that.

I haven't really seen cats do it, either. I think maybe it has something to do with making their head look bigger, just like the rest of them. Not sure, just a guess.

wow he's a beautiful big boy. What a cute picture! lol

Cats involved in a standoff will make threatening sounds, but to really understand what is happening, check the ear position. The defender's ears will lie down flat against the head for protection. The cat whose ears are lying flat, but with a twist, so that the tips of the back of the ear can be seen from the front, is the aggressor. Forward-pointing ears are used by confident, curious, cats to listen for sounds in front of them. A cat that is hunting prey (or playing) will also keep its ears forward to collect as much auditory information as possible in order to execute a successful pounce.

Hey thanks for that, Bloo :)
Yeah, he's definitely aggressive, especially when it comes to other cats.
And thanks everyone, too. H IS a cutie hehe even if he does howl and yeowl and meow like no tomorrow.

The subheading "The horror" made me laugh out loud when I saw that picture, I was all thinking about Apocalypse Now and then saw that puffed up cat and just howled laughing at him. Dan thinks I am mad.

:lol:
You should have heard me laughing when I was trying to take the pictures. Not all that funny to him, but his reaction to the mirror was priceless. I got a video, too. LOL. Just him sniffing around all shocked like, though. I can post it if people want.

Most reactions

Back