It's time.

FishyLoveBug said:
Kick some tail BM!!!!! *fires up the Betta Bus!!!!*
I have refused to go into the pet section of any store until after my pregnancy. With these hormones it is for the good and safety of others..... :sly: I probably would have held the managers head down in one of the tanks to see how he liked the water. :angry:
LOL!

The squeaking wheel gets the grease. Don't let up on them BM. Even if the only reason they start keeping their fish better is because the "crazy betta lady" won't leave 'em alone, then it's worth it.

(Didn't mean you were the "crazy betta lady" - that's what my kids call me when I get worked up. One of my son's friends works at Meijer where I'm on my current rampage, and he just calls me CBL. :hey: )

GrullaQuarters said:
BM, I'm leaving for WM at 8 this AM. Is this the westside WM? I guess when I get there I'll find out, eh?
East Side.
It was horrendous.
Don't go over there unless you want to be completely horrified and pissed off.

The manager was going to go over there and see what he "could do" about it last night but I'm betting it's the same story today.

Uuugh

Yep, I easily guessed it must have been the east side, because I didn't see any ick in the westside one...a few dead fish....but bettas didn't look too bad. I was looking at a girly, when I turned the cup around to try to get a good look, there was cottony stuff in the water. Wasn't sure it was actually white, but was kinda fuzzy. Is that a sickness, or just bad water? After I saw her, there were a few others with it...not bad, just a gob or two here and there. Not noticeable on the fish itself....

Those girlies are pretty....never paid much attention to them until I saw BM's tank pic!

Just make sure you take a camera with you. Theres not much point in sicing peta on them only to find they've flushed all the sick fish (or something awful) and now look as good as new. Walmart can't deny pictures, you might get asked to leave but you can hardly be forced to hand over pictures.

Okay, everyone register with Paypal and BettaMomma, you need to create [email protected] so we can send money to it... I just know it's coming. Actually, maybe we better make it BailBondsforCBLs@whatever cos it seems like 'doing a BM' is catching!!!

Wish I could help. Would me writing a letter to WM saying I'm boycotting ASDA (UK grocery subsidiary) completely because of these reports of animal cruelty at WM's in the US be any good? Give me the name and address of who to send it to... or I could send it to you and you can copy it to whoever and as many people as you want.

LOL
You guys all crack me up.

I'm waiting to hear back from a few places.
I guess PETA can take a few weeks to get back to you... the news station should be rather quick. I suppose I will know if/when they've done something when I see a big old PETA demonstration going on outside the WMs here in town. OoOoOoooh that would COMPLETELY make my day.

I'm hoping for a really good thing to happen w/the news - especially since I personally know one of the anchors, the one who would most likely be doing the story herself.

I'll keep ya updated!

Its odd actually, my camera phone (which my uncle gave me for free) takes better pics than the family digital camera. Although I can't upload them to PC unfourtunately :(

I actually wouldn't be afraid to walk into WM and start shooting pictures with an actual camera. I'm pretty sure I'd be asked to leave, though and that would be pointless in light of how many more times I plan to go back and check on the fishes...

I can't wait to get my camera phone!

BettaMomma said:
I actually wouldn't be afraid to walk into WM and start shooting pictures with an actual camera. I'm pretty sure I'd be asked to leave, though and that would be pointless in light of how many more times I plan to go back and check on the fishes...

I can't wait to get my camera phone!
You've given me an idea... I might take my camera to my local Walmart next time I go and snap a few shots. On the fish aisle, no one would notice... no one is ever back there.

BettaMomma, I've said it before and I will say it again. I think I love you. You know how to get things done. Fish can't talk, so THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU for giving them a voice. PETA is a great place to turn to, everyone that isn't their friend is afraid of them. Go for the picture idea too.

Don't give up BettaMomma!

what you're doing is a great thing :) but everyone HAS to remember: if you have any kind of a gripe with any store about the betta fish/any fish/animals care, DON'T SPEND MONEY THERE! don't go in and make a complaint to the manager if you have a pile of stuff in your cart. walmart and the pet chains make billions each year. it's the cash that really counts, go in and complain on a regular basis but find somewhere else to shop. so many people say "i hate that store for....." but buy everything in it. what's that telling the store? they don't seem terribly concerned about the care of the animals, the rips and tears in the clothes, the returned items that are just put back on the shelf, the things that are incredibly over priced to make up for the cheap....it's the cash flow that counts. maybe we can all make a point about MANY gripes with those stores :D

Most reactions

Back