Its Breeding Time

day 9 last night 1 of my tanks backed up lost about 60 litres so technically did a water change todays results are

ammonia: 4ppm
nitrItes: 0ppm
nitrAtes: 0ppm

Do you have any mature filter media you can throw in your filter to speed it up at all?

-FHM

Rewlyn, you need to get the ammonia levels down or you will be developing the wrong kind of bacteria in your new system. It will look like it is working fine until you drop the levels to let fish live in the water. At that point the bacteria that you have developed will die off and the right kind will not be there to replace them.

Day 12 yesterdays results were wrong yay my partner said to me last night "doesnt this look good" i got up to see what she was on about and 4 hours after i did my tests i found that i had 10ppm of mitrAtes yes todays results

nitrAtes: 10ppm

nearly there

hi guys and girls its been a interesting week monday i broke my glass thermometer in the breeders sump tank got all mercury out luckily,
yesterday went to clean my canister filter and broke an hose attachment so i put all the media, carbon etc. into the sump i also took ammonia supply outof breeding setup 4 days ago and it still sits in the same spot 4ppm ammonia but my nitrAtes have boubled overnight due too cycled media in sump tank

todays reading are
nitrAtes: 10ppm

I have been looking all over for a breeding system erm I think I will have to make my own, looking at doing bettas again havnt done them in over 5 years now, and also gourmis, ottos, and a few other odd balls here and there, the problem isn't with the sump setup or sponge filters and pump as I have a auto water change setup for the bettas, but its trying to find tanks cheap where I am 10gal new is 12.99
20gal new is 29.99
30gal new is 49.99
40gal new is 69.99
55gal new is 79.99
I have noticed depending that they are expensive to buy and trying to buy a tank from a person used they always want more than what its worth

Very nice, I have always done a fish in cycle usually easier, something like a tetra for when I do mine, but I have recently found out even fish flake food works well for adding in ammo

Cheers
theshadowinc

you should look into building your own its not that hard just get good silicon

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IM CYCLED YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Most reactions

Back