Its Breeding Time

check out your local bait shp for frozen prawns

Day 3 after todays results im happy

ammonia : 1ppm
nitrItes : 0ppm
nitrAtes : 0ppm

with a crack like that is it not weakened?

(am really not trying to put anything down, am curious as i thought a tank with that size damage would not be useable)

i think i am really going to enjoy keeping an eye on this thread though

are you going to keep us updated when fish are in there and breeding too?

I'm interested to know how the filter system works as i'm wanting to start an LFS sometime in the future and would need to run multiple tanks like this and have no idea how the filter system would work???

with a crack like that is it not weakened?

(am really not trying to put anything down, am curious as i thought a tank with that size damage would not be useable)

i think i am really going to enjoy keeping an eye on this thread though

are you going to keep us updated when fish are in there and breeding too?
yes it will be updated everyday from now on forever i hope

I'm interested to know how the filter system works as i'm wanting to start an LFS sometime in the future and would need to run multiple tanks like this and have no idea how the filter system would work???
FATHEADMINOW would be the one to ask as im not 100% on the bacteria process with this setup

Day 4 its improving but seems to starting over after putting my clone bacteria in wierd?!

results are

ammonia: 2ppm
nitrItes: 0ppm
ntrAtes: 0ppm

The filter system is called a sump. It can also be referred to as a trickle filter, or wet/dry filter. At the top of each tank there is a bulkhead, where, when the water level rises above this, the water begins to pour through the bulk head, and from there it follows a serious of pipes and goes into the filter. In the filter, you can add what ever you like. This is where you would have your heaters, and some even put live plants in there to help with ammonia and nitrate levels. Also in the filter, there is a pump which returns the water back to the tank. This is a continuous flow, as the water level rises in the tank, the water goes though the bulkhead and to the filter, and then back up to the tank.

-FHM

The filter system is called a sump. It can also be referred to as a trickle filter, or wet/dry filter. At the top of each tank there is a bulkhead, where, when the water level rises above this, the water begins to pour through the bulk head, and from there it follows a serious of pipes and goes into the filter. In the filter, you can add what ever you like. This is where you would have your heaters, and some even put live plants in there to help with ammonia and nitrate levels. Also in the filter, there is a pump which returns the water back to the tank. This is a continuous flow, as the water level rises in the tank, the water goes though the bulkhead and to the filter, and then back up to the tank.

-FHM
Thanks FHM

No problem!

That was like a fast write-up about it. So, if anyone wants more info, I can go in depth more.

-FHM

Day 5 and im liking the results

ammonia: 4ppm
nitrAtes: 0pm

the ammonia is doubling perfectly nice

You don't have any other source of ammonia, like as in the pure form of it as a cleaning product? This can drastically improve your ammonia level for cycling. Provided you don't add too much!

Good luck with the set up either way! :good:

Day 6 and leveling out

ammonia: 4ppm
nitrAtes: 0ppm

these results where taken approx. 12 hours before this post i will have todays results in about 12hours as its the weekend and im not home at the moment, gota love laptops

You might want to do a water change to not let your ammonia level go over 8 ppm. At 8 ppm and up, the wrong bacteria might start to colonize, a kind that you don't want in your filter.

-FHM

Most reactions

Back