It Had To Happen Before Long

andywg

Bored into leaving
Reaction score
Well, as you may have read, I lost my two old frogs over the christmas period. Losing Frog Man was the single worst thing in my fishkeeping, and really made me consider for a second whether I really wanted to carry on.

:rip:

100_4958.jpg

However, my kind lfs spotted an Antennairus maculatus at the wholesaler and immediately thought of me. Suffice is to say that after seeing him I was smitten, and having a spare tank already set up and cycled made the decision even easier. I am told he is already eating dead as well, so all in all a very good situation to be in. He is about 3-3.5" nose to tail, meaning he is unlikely to grow any more.

So, without further ado, I give you the new frog:

100_5086.jpg

100_5087.jpg

100_5088.jpg

100_5089.jpg

100_5090.jpg

100_5091.jpg

100_5100.jpg

100_5101.jpg

100_5102.jpg

100_5104.jpg

100_5105.jpg

100_5106.jpg

And a full tank shot. The tank is the 18x15x15 tank Frog Man started out in. It is filtered mostly through home made LR and a sump housing a skimmer good for 75 US gallons.

100_5103.jpg

My girlfriend described him as looking like "an evil rhubarb and custard sweet".

I think she's got a point.

Mmmm rhubarb and custard.

I likes it. Will the 18"x15"x15" do him for life? When do you plan on a first feeding? As you said after that you will think of a name.

:wub: how beautiful! I hope he settles in well.

thats a frog? it looks like a peice of corral i would love to have one though.

Its metal not plastic lol. Lighting unit can be moved into middle of hood, loads of room.

Will try and build filter up and have a play about I think. Its going to take a week to suss putting filetr together lol. The pipe is one peice and it has to be cut in the middle to make 2 (why they dont just do that I dont know!)

God I wish I never bothered now but want best filter.

That is so cool,

When the Mrs and i move i`m considering having another nano with a frog or possibly a mantis....

What sort of enviroment doe the frogs need?

I was expecting a frog, like the type that you find in the garden (but go in a fish tank) and when I saw him I thought it must be the wrong pics!

He is really cute, but so so different.

So is he a breed of frog, or is he a breed of fish that has the name frog in it?

Most reactions

Back