It Had To Happen Before Long

Great new addition Andy!
He's got fantastic colours, doesn't quite look real!

So is he a breed of frog, or is he a breed of fish that has the name frog in it?
He is a breed of fish that has the common name of frogfish. The name frogfish applies to all of the Family Antennariidae. He is from the Order Lophiiformes, which includes the deep sea anglers and viperfish (known for glowing in the dark rto attract prey with a similar lure system that employed by the frogfish). In fact, one of my previous frogs (Antennarius hispidus) can have bio-luminescent bacteria in its lure.

Fantastic looking fish there Andy!!

Its metal not plastic lol. Lighting unit can be moved into middle of hood, loads of room.

Will try and build filter up and have a play about I think. Its going to take a week to suss putting filetr together lol. The pipe is one peice and it has to be cut in the middle to make 2 (why they dont just do that I dont know!)

God I wish I never bothered now but want best filter.

That is so cool,

When the Mrs and i move i`m considering having another nano with a frog or possibly a mantis....

What sort of enviroment doe the frogs need?

FROGGY FROGGY FROGGY! I do really want one

stunning fish Andy, glad you're sticking with fishkeeping too, forum wouldn't be the same without you.

My girlfriend described him as looking like "an evil rhubarb and custard sweet".

I think she's got a point.

^ This was very funny.

It's an amazing looking creature Andy, congrats, and I'm sorry you lost the others.

I like it. Does is have a name yet?

What sort of enviroment doe the frogs need?

Most frogs are undemanding with a number of successful keepers maintaining them in bare bottom tanks with live rock and aggressive skimming. If you wanted to be perfect, you could look for some sargassum and keep histrio histrio amongst it, though even these do fine in a general FOWLR style tank.

My girlfriend described him as looking like "an evil rhubarb and custard sweet".

I think she's got a point.

^ This was very funny.

It's an amazing looking creature Andy, congrats, and I'm sorry you lost the others.

I like it. Does is have a name yet?

No name for him yet, not until he eats.

Someone on another forum mentioned he looks like he has been drizzled with raspberry sauce.

Well isn't that just the wartiest lumpiest looking guy ever!
He? is weirdly cute though!
Do they walk on the bottom with their fins? I saw a vid of some type of fish doing that and OMG that is just about the cutest thing I ever saw!!
If so.. you have to post a vid of your lil guy doing that! :wub:

great fish-really looks like coral to me, beware little reef fishies! im very sorry to hear about your other frogs.

Most reactions

Back