swordtail_king83
New Member
I have read n a few sites and also been told by some that water dechlorinator is not needed and also is a waste of money. im starting to agree. I spend close to 100$ month on it. (aqua plus and aqua safe). I have 5 large aquariums and adding the correct dose per pail I add to the tanks I easily go thru a bottle (250mls) per weekly water change. now one of my suppliers/friends of my swords and platies, he produces masses of them per year and he never used a dechlorinator product in YEARS, and hes never had a problem. he told me this is how he does it... he changes 40-50% of the adults water once a week and 20-30% of the frys water once a week all using straight tap water and he has never had a problem and his fish are super healthy and top quality. any thoughts?


![Daily Memes [Aquatic and non-Aquatic Memes]](https://www.fishforums.net/data/files/featured_images/69/featuredimages_ae0ce7f0a8aa8d3f.webp)




