Is This Ok?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lila200098

Reaction score
ok i'm on a budget, and i wanna get 1 betta and another fish in this tank. is that ok?? and what kind of fish should i get? or should i just leave the betta by itself?

i personnally wounldn't keep a betta in anythink less than a 1 gallon and definately no other fish in there if you do have a betta.

I would say no as the betta could hurt your other fish, and its too small.

I agree with lilfishie completely. Whilst people do keep bettas in tiny tanks without them dying it doesn't mean that they have a good quality of life. Bettas should definitely be kept on their own IMO, they generally don't get on well with most other community fish although there is a list in the betta section of what they can be kept with. Other members will all have anecdotal stories about how their dad kept 10 male bettas together in a 5 gallon tank for years without problems. These stories are likely to be the 1 in million case where this was OK.

As far as the tank is concerned. 10 bucks doesnt sound a lot to me.

Your Betta would be much happier in this:

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=9...&familyID=9201&

Fair enough it's 4 times the price. But it's a 5 gallon tank, and leaves much more scope for aquascaping, plants etc. Most importantly your Betta would be miles happier, healthier and probably live longer. Save up, or borrow they money from someone and pay them back. You'll be much happier in the long term I guarantee.

ps Please fishless cycle it before adding your betta. (see link below)

9.99 seems a lot of money to pay for what is basically a small plastic tub- surely you could get one cheaper (and bigger) from a hardware store? It is indeed too small for even one betta.

Most reactions

Back