Is This Normal Behavior For Clown Loach?

tameem

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One of my cute clown loaches sometimes chases the harlequin rasbora fish. It looks harmless, but then again Im not sure. It also sometimes comes up to some of the angel fish. Usually it happens during feeding, but Ive seen it occur at other times. I have also seen it to grab the shrimp pellet and then run away with it so it can eat it by himself.
They all seem happy, I have three of them and they are very active, even during the day.

Thanks,
-Adam

To put it bluntly, all Loaches, Plecs and Catfish are gannets.

Generally very peaceful, they will however, get to the verge of cannibalism if starving.

It sounds like he is not getting his full share come meal time.

Have you tried feeding flake to the Rasboras and Angel at one end of the tank and dropping some sinking pellet at the other end while they are distracted?

yes, I usually drop flake food and at the same time I drop a wafer or shrimp pellet on the other side. they really like the shrimp pellets, but they tend not to sink as advertised and can sometimes float at the surface until I throw it into the tank. But ususally I feed them at the same time, and often drop food in at night. maybe im so concerned about over-feeding based on my readings that I dont drop enough food...
but they are so cute!

Im still concerned. This morning I saw a clown loach chase not only a harlequin rasbora, but at times he goes after the angel fish, although they seem to hold their ground. What I cant fitgure out is they look well fed, their stomachs do look full. Im guessing the one thats just nuts sometimes is the same one that tends to grab the shrimp pellet and swim away so he can have it for himself?

Anyway, anything else I should be doing? I dont want this to bnecome worse, or maybe im overly concerned?

Not sure if this helps but whenever I want floating food to sink I let it soak in one of those desert bowls (creme caramel type) then carefully add to the tank.

Try throwing some defrosted prawns in for the little guy, he'll love 'em, he might leave the others alone after.

Most reactions

Back