Is This A Siamese Algae Eater?

Crossfc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So the LFS had these little guys labeled as flying foxes. I did some research and I don't think they are. They looked like siamese algae eaters! I was so excited at the find so I picked all 5 that the LFS had up.

What do you guys think? Was I right thinking they are SAE? :)

img20110324215619.jpg

Not to worry, your safe, they're Siamese Flying Foxes

Thats definitely a SAE :good:

I beg to differ..... Those are (without a doubt) Flying foxes..... Sorry to put a damper on your enthusiasm..... I have kept both and currently I do have an SAE..... Not nearly the same.....

I'd say SAE too, i have a larger one at about 5-6" my LFs has a load of small ones in, debating on getting a few and growing them.

they looked amazing in a big number

I'd say SAE too, i have a larger one at about 5-6" my LFs has a load of small ones in, debating on getting a few and growing them.

I Repeat....

I beg to differ..... Those are (without a doubt) Flying foxes..... Sorry to put a damper on your enthusiasm..... I have kept both and currently I do have an SAE..... Not nearly the same.....

I Repeat....

Flying fox was my first instinct too

i didnt think the stripe on a flying fox went all the way through the tail?

how about this guy then? :lol:
GEDC0124.jpg

GEDC0353.jpg

i didnt think the stripe on a flying fox went all the way through the tail?

how about this guy then? :lol:
GEDC0124.jpg

GEDC0353.jpg

That! Lilfishie.... is also (without a doubt) a Flying fox!......

I may even add, if sizes were not mentioned..... They could even have passed as Pencilfish.... But never SAE's....

This here, is a true SAE.... notice the "Jaggered" body line and also the visible sucker mouth at the bottom.....

SAE.jpg

Most reactions

Back