Is This A Good Deal

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
hi ive just brought a rio 400 for 180 pounds is this a good deal its all sealed and stand

Yeah providing its all water tight.

If it helps, my brand new one with everything cost me £525.

ive been told its all water tight and we will look for water marks and probably ask them to fill also minxy how big is yours as theyve listed it as 5x2x2 foot but ther not that deep or tall are they

thayve said theyve sold it to me and hes taken it off the net

its 5 x 1.5 x 2 I think without getting the tape measure out, but its definatley not 2ft wide.

Have you made sure you can fit it in thru your doors :lol:

I didnt :blush:

Have you made sure you can fit it in thru your doors :lol:

I didnt :blush:

Not the only one who didn't check the doors (well, more the turning to get it through the hallway) Minx......

Just over a foot and a half wide.

Good price BAE. Which colour is it? I have beech which is pretty popular and got it for £200 from fleabay, seen the black ones going for around £180 every once in a while.

Exact measurements are: 151(L) x 62 (H) x 51 (W) cm - Tank

Cabinet: 151 x 73 (H) x 51 cm

thanks for that hopfully ill get some money nocked off lol as ime only 14 so it takes a long time to get money any way especially as its a reef and i still need to make a sump but desighned that last night

Hi mate, lol i know what u mean, im 15 and have a 6 X 2 X 2 reef tank. If you need any help on sump design etc equiptment recomendations give us a shout!

heres what i desighned

sump.png

so the water is level with the top of the weir so it doesnt over flow so when the pump(yellow thing) in the sump pushes water into the tank it makes the tank over flow into the weir so the water goes into the sump with various filter media(purple space) and then into the pump through then the protien skimmer(black green thing on side of sump) then into the uv steriliser(red box in line) and back into the tank so if a liter of water is pumped into the tank a litre of water will go into the sump so if theres a power outage and the pump stopped the water would stop being pumped into the tank so none will go int the sump and no flooding will happen

but i may add a refugem but dont like live food all that much and my fish seem to see them as other pet fish so dont eat them lol

well what do you think

Yeah, looks good to me, although i would have the skimmer in the middle section and not at the end, and then have a bubble trap before the return pump.

What skimmer / return pump are you going to use??

ime using a v2 400 skimmer and im using the skimmers original pump to return the water but on its way go through the skimmer and the uv so all in one

Most reactions

Back