Is My Guppy The Father Or Not?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppy2002

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
a little while after i got my guppy, she had fry. sometime after she had more fry. do you think that the male i have in the tank was the father either of those times or not?

impossible to tell,what color is your male? when the frys coloration kick in compare the coloration to the male you have remeber, that males carry the dominant color so the fry should somewhat resmeble him, females can store sperm for 7 months although... so anyguppy could be the father.

Was she with males in the shop? If so, then your guppy is most likely not the father. How long after you got her did she have fry? Days? Weeks?

NC, the colour of the fry is not a reliable way to tell the father. My fry are always different, even from the same parents.

Paradise3 said:
Was she with males in the shop? If so, then your guppy is most likely not the father. How long after you got her did she have fry? Days? Weeks?

NC, the colour of the fry is not a reliable way to tell the father. My fry are always different, even from the same parents.
thats true but its color is a way to start unless you have an idea?

ncguppy830 said:

My idea is find out how long the OP had owned the guppy before she gave birth :) If it was less than a month after the OP bought her then her guppy is not the father lol. Simples :)

Paradise3 said:

My idea is find out how long the OP had owned the guppy before she gave birth
smile.png
If it was less than a month after the OP bought her then her guppy is not the father lol. Simples
smile.png

i think it was 3 months.

ncguppy830 said:

smile.png
If it was less than a month after the OP bought her then her guppy is not the father lol. Simples
smile.png

i think it was 3 months.

That's how long the OP has had the guppy altogether. In the first it just says "A little while" which doesn't help really lol.

Paradise3 said:

smile.png
smile.png

i think it was 3 months.

That's how long the OP has had the guppy altogether. In the first it just says "A little while" which doesn't help really lol.

Paradise3 said:

smile.png
smile.png

i think it was 3 months.

hmm thats true, but anyway the male will probaly have fry with the female anyway, maybe i dont see the point.

Yeah, he most likely will. These ones are probably shop male fry and then in about 3-4 months the female will start having the OP's males fry instead :)

Where's Jeremy Kyle when you need him?!

Most reactions

Back