Is It Best To Keep Parrot Fish In Groups Or 2

samxx

Fishaholic
Reaction score
when to a few fish stores & in there display tanks they had parrot fish & they had about 5 in there & they seen quite happy not a lot of bullying ect
but in another display tank there was two parrot fish & one was having ago to the other parrot
all the time

so is it best to keep parrots in groups

It really depends on if you get a true pair or not. A true pair will "play fight" but you'll not find them nipped or injured from each other. It's more flirting than anything else. If it's not a true pair they can range from ignoring each other to trying to kill each other. This is true with jellybeans and from what I've read it's true for bloods. Now outside of parrots I have no idea.

Depends on the fish. Some times they are hybrid with other fish. My 2 parrots get along fine. Though I don't know abou all them.

I think it also depends on if they are both the same sex... not sure I've always kept singles and pairs. Well one tank had 2 pair, that was fun to watch, and no one ever got hurt which made it more fun.

My parrots always stay together and usually chase eachother around, but no damage or stress.

Most reactions

Back