Is Fish-keeping Cruelty To Fishes?

I highly doubt that fish tank lighting emits radiation or mercury.

Unless the bulb breaks, the mercury is contained. As for radiation, everything emits radiation, including the fish themselves. Electronics are negligibly above background, and the lighting primarily produces radiation in the visible and infrared spectrum.

As for dogs and cats, as mentioned: Virtually all domestic animals are hybrids to some extent, bred by humans from multiple wild stocks. Because of that, without us, nearly all our domesticated stock would die off in short order. Many breeds of dog and cat are physically unfit to hunt, and many others have had the hunting instinct bred out of them (intentionally or unintentionally). For that matter, a good deal of highly bred fish that aren't generally considered hybrids were probably crossed at some point, as it's common practice in selective breeding.

While I consider this an interesting topic, don't expect replies since it's almost 2 years old. :rolleyes:

Friends: going on about fish and animal cruelty....
Shopkeeper: Sells shot guns...
Solution: Buy the gun - shoot your friends.. job done...
Tell them to get a life and worry about more important things like global warming, at the rate were going their grand kids will be swims with the fish... plebs...

Tell them to get a life and worry about more important things like global warming, at the rate were going their grand kids will be swims with the fish... plebs...

its not that easy to buy shotguns over here :p

Depends who you know.................

Depends who you know.................

Of course I could quite easily (and legally) get one without any problems. I really should get round to it

No house, no car, no synthetic clothing, no shopping malls, no hospitals, no cities, no roads, no farms, no schools -------- these are the things that make native animals and plants uncomfortable. Loss of habitat, degradation of habitat, or encroachment by man is what causes species to go extinct.

In the future the only wildlife our children may see will be in zoos and aquariums or in pet keepers hands. My fish live longer in my tanks than are reported in the wild. They grow larger and more young survive per brood than in the wild.

Yes, I would love to see our wilds remain pristine, but I don't think they every will. :rip:

If this topic keeps being resurrected as it has our children may be able to read what our thoughts were about it.

Most reactions

Back