Iridescent Shark

Well, while I'm pretty new to this hobby/fanatical interest myself I'll put my two cents in as well. I have had several bala sharks, and it's been my (limited) experience that they are very enjoyable to have in a community of non-aggressive tank-mates. They are good-looking fish and seem almost meek. They do grow pretty large, though, about 9 inches from what I've heard. Like I said tho, I'm new so someone correct me if I've erred on anything! :)

Sharkey G said:
Well, it's a matter of opinion on that, but from everything I've read / heard / seen , a Red Tail Black Shark will always be territorial against it's own kind, hence they will thrive better on their own. The reason you will have had success with a shoal of 3 or 4 is because their is too many of them within one community and they are forced to get along because of this.

Four RTBS's fighting would seclude to nothing, which is why they won't fight.

Anyhow, it is each to their own - which is what makes fishkeeping so appealing in the first place.

:)
It was a five foot tank tho, ample room for a shoal to stake out territories,
even moreso considering they were the only bottom-dwellers.

None exceeded 10cm in any event.

Have you had Siver Sharks (Bala Sharks) they are very active and need to be with fish that can handle th constant moving.
Apart from that they're great!!!!
:D :p :D :p :D

About the RTBS i work at the lfs once a week and im basically there all the time and ive never seen them fighting even tho there is about 10 or more in a bare three foot tank. All ive read and reasurched on they saysthat they fight.But im unsure :huh: !!!

Most reactions

Back