Introducing My Tank And Some Inhabitants.

i really want a whip tail, what is the difference between a royal whip tail and a normal whiptail????

ive just never seen a whiptail in my LFS...

Hi Beechey,

I've sent you a PM with some links. There's quite a few species of whiptails and twig cats out there. To me Royal Whiptails are a more dramatic looking fish, whilst mine are laid back characters they still have personality. They know there feeding time and are always in position on the sandbed at the front of the aquarium for the wafers and courgette. They also tell me off (or it seems like it) if I 'eyeball' them too much. Size wise, in theory the Royals can get up to 20 cm SL (with another 10 cm or so of tail). I havn't kept the common whiptail so I'm afraid I can't comment on that.

I obtained mine as virtual babes (4 cm SL - now about 12-13 cm SL) 2 and a bit years ago from Maidenhead Aquatics Aylesbury. They had an adult pair which regularly bred for them. I've not been there for a while so I'm not sure if the pair are still there.

All the best,

Triskele

A few change arounds in tank inhabitants and some have been patient enough with me to pose for the camera.

Aplocheilus lineatus (male)
Corydoras 'Green Lazer'

L260 Queen Arrabesque

Attachments

• Aplocheilus_lineatus_male_1.JPG
    Aplocheilus_lineatus_male_1.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 23
  • Corydoras_Green_Lazer2.JPG
    Corydoras_Green_Lazer2.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 29
  • L260.JPG
    L260.JPG