I'm Starting To Panic About My Spawn

afireinside

A Shrine To Madness
Reaction score
How often to baby bettas sleep? A bunch are laying on the bottom, only sometimes swimming up a few times. Do they sleep a lot or are they dying off? :-(

Okay, that is a big relief. Should I turn the lights off for them?

at first like the first week they dont swim well,, they kinda dart up to the top then sink back down, its normal,,and yes turn the light off at night, if they have natural light try that instead of a lamp espicaly a really bright one, cause i heard of somthing about damaging their eyes if its on for a long time,, like all day and night,, but i cant be sure of that info.
do you have any plastic plants that would float on the surface? my babies like to lay on the plants, pluss its not far for them to swim for air.

just make sure the bottom is clean otherwise the ventrals aren't gonna develop on the bottom dwellers

Well I cleaned the bottom last night and today, so the bottom's pretty clean. I need to find some floating plants, that's a good suggestion. Lights have been turned off. Thanks for the help everyone, it really has taken a huge amount of stress off me. :)

it really has taken a huge amount of stress off me. :)

:lol: Yep, the first one always does. The next spawn will be easier and you can relax a bit more :good: Try not to distrurb them too much for the first week. Its a fine line between making sure the tank is clean and over doing it :good: BTW, are you going to use any type of filter in with them? e.g. sponge filter, not power one, if so, you can turn it on. Just a bubble a second.

Most reactions

Back