I'm so far behind!

AmberC

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have gotten so far behind on my tanks. My 20 hasn't been cleaned in two weeks and my 55 a little over a week. :blink: I feel so horrible. There is no one else living with me that can change the tanks. I just haven't been able to do much lately. I've REALLY got to get on the ball.

Oh.. reason I'm so far behind on EVERYTHING in my house... my pregnancy. Its really draining on me. But dont worry. I'm going to get it done. I've kept up on my 1 gallons. I did my betta fry tank (my ten) yesterday and it took SO much out of me. I think once I get caught up on everything (fish AND house) then it wont be so difficult. It really sucks that my husband is going out to sea again in a few days and wont be able to help me with anything. :/

(I've got a 2 year old already.) So am I really horrible? :sad:

Nah no need to go on a guilt trip. You can't help it if you're feeling tired. You should hire someone to do it for you. Maybe pay one of the neighbour kids 5 bucks to do it or something :p Anyway good luck with the kids. Now you'll have 2 sets of babies to care for! (betta AND human!) :lol:

Nah, no need to feel horrible at all!! ... Honestly, I dont understand how you manage to keep up with it all at al =) ... I think you're doing really well!! There's quite a lot of women who during their pregnancy sit back and take a couple of months break!, not because they want to, but because its too tiring on them!

Also, thats a lot of water changes to keep up on your own anyway, I think you're doing a good job being able to clean it once every week/2 weeks! Me myself I have rheumatism, and I cant keep up with the water changes myself seeing as I cant carry the buckets around + its takes way too much out of me when it comes to the energy I have ... I'm thinking it feels about the same for you right now!

Nope, not a bad fishy mother at all :p

Thanks you guys :) I think I'm going to hit the 20 today and maybe do all the ones again and then the 55 tomorrow. Hopefully.

they have people you can hire like a maid or pool boy except for the fishtank. Thats what i'm gonna do when i get a huge tank.

A lot of lazy rich people who can't be bothered to do research or work but really want a large marine tank because it looks cool pay someone to set it up and maintain it for them. :p

I hope you can't catch anything from your tanks that will hurt your baby :blink: I'm not being nosy I just know that you shouldn't change cat litter trays when you're pregnant cos you can get toxoplasmosis. There may be something similar from fish tanks. Just take care eh :) You should be taking it easy, I'm sure your fish would understand ;)

Hi AmberC

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :thumbs: I hope that after the first few weeks you will be feeling better and stronger. Just don't try to lift anything heavy.

Perhaps your husband can figure a way to help you before he goes. I'm thinking about him making a little platform with wheels so you can push your bucket of old tank water instead of carrying it, or that kind of thing.

Good luck with it. I wish I lived closer so I could give you a helping hand.

I'm sure the fish will be ok... sometime some of our tanks get missed out in the cleaning rota and as long as the filter keep the water turning over they are fine.

i have had a panic when after about 4 weeks (holiday and one missed turn) the flow rate dropped off... the filter was really nasty! - it was the bristlenose tank - loads 'o' poo

Inchworm Thank you so much! Your post was so nice!! I had to read it to my husband :p Thank you!

Ooooh smithrc I bet that was a mess! I'm glad they were ok.

Well I was able to do my 20 today. Its been 2.5 weeks. The algae growth was BAD because its near my back glass doors. I decided I'll stop turning the tank lights on on sunny days. That was gross. I'm thinking maybe I will do a couple really small ones on my 55 over the next few days. Its been 1.5 weeks since I did a change on that (My discus tank) when I normally do it twice a week. It doesn't look too bad. I've cut back feedings so it wont get bad (I used to feed 3 times a day hence 2 water changes a week lol) I DO have a python, but it doesn't hook to my sink so I hook it to my hose outback. I have to use my bucket to fill it back up tho from the tap. Hose water wouldn't be too great. So I think a couple really small changes over a few days would be ok.

As far as catching anything from the tank.... I thought about that today as I was elbow deep in algae filled water lol. I'm always good about washing my hands after and stuff. I think it will be ok. I've never caught anything from my tanks before (I've heard you can.) I knew about the cat litter thing and actually I'm not supposed to do work in the garden without gloves and I'm supposed to stay away from childs playbox sand as well.
:X I love playing in the sandbox!!! :lol:
Thanks everyone! Oh I'll have to see if there are any tank services in my area and how much they are. :thumbs:

Amber,
definatly check out tank services. I know how hard it is to carry water and do so much when you are preggo. Thank you for the pm as well. I wish you the best of luck with the pregnancy, and with your fish!!

To the members whose posts I just moved:

This is a no troll zone. Please do not make me send out warning PM's by continuing the nonsense! :grr:

Uh oh :p kev we got in trouble. Sorry inchworm won't happen again. At least I hope not. Can't guarantee what we 3 crazy dudes will do. :lol: At least it was a well-mannered and civil argument as opposed to a raging brawl, if you know what I mean.

Most reactions

Back