I'm afraid...

Do you remember those little square fish "boxes" they sold at places like Target with little tiny fish in them? I bought one once, the fish didn't live long at all :( I notice they don't sell them anymore either.

Allie said:
Do you remember those little square fish "boxes" they sold at places like Target with little tiny fish in them? I bought one once, the fish didn't live long at all :( I notice they don't sell them anymore either.
unfortunatly they do still sell them, and most of them have bettas in them and like you said they dont live long :(

poor little guys

i like the idea that if you do take them home to adopt hem out like wuv was doing with her culls.

Synirr said:
If I ever planned to get married (and I don't,) I'd be tempted to have bettas as center pieces, only because I love the little guys so much and it would be something that really represented me... of course, if I were to do that, they'd be in properly sized bowls/vases, there wouldn't be too many of them so I could care for any of the ones no one took home, and they'd all have a little label on their container: "I am a guest, so please treat me with respect!" :lol:
I'd probably send a betta care pamphlet home with anyone who decided to take one, too.
I think that phamplet idea is great. If the couple does decide to go ahead with the Betta idea. It is hard to beleave but someone may not know that males can't be kept together. A Phamplet, may keep someone from bringing home 2, and throwing them together.

If you do bring a lot home, beanie boxes would be a good idea. Or glass jars- not the biggest things, but since you are planning to rehome them...

You could try giving your friend a super dose of BettaMomma fish-care education. When my art teacher wanted to get a betta to draw in class, I said that she would need:
a minimum 2.5 gallon tank with lid, a heater, thermometer, stress coat, cycling bacteria, spare medication, at least two types of food, and easy access to a sink for water changes. :whistle:
She was quite surprised. Needless to say, she decided against buying a fish. :nod:
Education can be a powerful deterrent.

Unfortunately, in this case, I think that having a beautifully unforgettable wedding might be more powerful that the wellbeing of "just some fish".

But it's a very good idea - I think I am going to at least try to warn her.

Most reactions

Back