If You Won The Lottery, What Fishie Things Would You Do?

karigupi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
A conversation with my eldest last night, led to me buying a lottery ticket for the first time in years (didnt win :()

I was wondering if other fish keepers have large aspirations for the future?

Ours would be to own our own little lfs, my daughter is so passionate about fish welfare & care, she would make a great little shop keeper :good:

For a smaller win, or if we could save up enough, I would love to turn the garage into a breeding room, pick a new species at a time, research it, & try to breed them, to be able to dedicate all my time to my fish & be able to call it a business would be a dream come true.

My lofty abmition would to be to have a massive discuss tank, that has been aquascaped by somewhere like the Green Machine and, it'd be that big that I'd need help cleaning it from one of those companies that look after the big commercial tanks you see.

If i won the lottery, well i would buy Bournemouth oceanarium basically, obviously keep the staff and give them a wee pay rise :unsure: well it is a ressetion...then i would move in and have the main tunnel as a bedroom,,,hehe sad muppet i is

I have a space in my lounge - around 10 Feet wide in front of where I sit, so I would have a custom tank built floor to ceiling and it would be populated with fish at all levels.

And I would pay somebody (with long arms) to clean the substrate.... :lol:

Paul.

i'd build a lovely bungalow with built in tanks along the main walls in lots of the rooms and have a 50ftx50ftx3ft sunken aqurium in the garden that you can walk around the outside and see everything----- fill it with neons ------------------NOT lol

I'd have a fish house built onto my house that me and the missus are going to get built so i could have a section of breading tanks and a 6ft main tank in the living room.

id build a house that didnt have walls but had oscar tanks instead. :D

wow thats would be very humid so would need AC, and i would try my hand at marine... but money cant buy experience so id still be nervous of that

I would have a purpose house built that allowed for 2 fish rooms on the ground floor, one for breeding top-notch bettas and one for other species. I would also buy a suitable premises for a LFS and do a darned sight better job than our locals, to sell the offspring from the house fish. Assuming I had a big win....lol

I know this is already being done in certain parts of the world and in third world, war torn and disaster zones. That is to conserve what we already have. Cultivate corals for the ever growing markets off shore in zones which can support such life. This not only means that the locals can benefit from the sale and distribution of such coral but even better it means that we don't go plundering our natural beauty and conservation areas for such.
So I would like to plough my money into something worthwhile, both helping others and conservation.
Regards
BigC

I would Set up a large saltwater tank with. costume made acrylic tank. 6 feet long 3 feed wide and 30inches feet tall = 236 Gal tank. It would have the works.

Then I would up grade my 55 gal to 100 gal.

I would buy a nice home 4 bedrooms 3 baths and with a lot of land. I would make a nice koi pound about 20,000 square feet big outside. I would do a Japanese theme garden around it. I would have a 6 foot waterfall and a bamboo forest behind it the water fall would fall into a rocky creek that would run into the pound. Yeah that would be my happy place.

BigC has a great Idea.

My non fish thing would be on my large plot of land I would open a dog rescue. Rescue dogs and fostering is my first love.

I'd love to get the big Arowana that's at the St Albans maidenhead aquatics, obviously driving there in the tank i'd have just purchased. Then I would put the Arowana in my smaller 5000g tank, then put it in the 10000g after a couple of weeks quarantine!!!!! :hyper:

Most reactions

Back